Step 1 Sole Source + Week 1....Am I doing it right?!

MrsMcMoon

Hi All

Week 1, end of day 3 of SS+ and not sure I'm doing it right?! I know that sounds silly but not feeling as bad as what I had expected to and so feel I've maybe missed something I'm doing (or not as the case may be)! Any help out there would be greatfully appreciated :D

Day 1 - Drank loads of water (about 5 litres throughout the day) and 3 cups of tea, had shake 1 at 10am, shake 2 at 2pm and then chicken with brocolli at 7pm. Made last shake with hot water as was freezing :( - is this allowed on week 1?? Also, have been using tablet sweetener in my tea - is this allowed??

Felt quite hungry on and off during the day but just drank loads to get through it. Had an early night to stop me thinking about food!

Day 2 - Again started well with loads of water, and a cup of tea. 1st shake at around 11.30am, another at 2.45pm and 2 cups of tea in between (each with 2 tablet sweeteners each??). Chicken and brocolli again for dinner and another litre of water - couldn't face last shake of the day, felt so full.

Not really had any hunger, more just craving things that people are eating round about me....warm buttery toast...mmmm!!

Thanks in advance!!

Day 3 - Started with a cup of tea (1 sweetener), 2 pints of water, shake at 1.30pm then plenty of water (around 2 litres). Dinner was chicken breast and salad - used some cajun spices on chicken and balsamic fat free dressing on salad - again, is this allowed?? Had another shake about 7.30pm and another early night planned......

So, feeling pretty ok, not hungry although craving random foods :mad: which is annoying. Wondering if I'm finding it ok because im still using sweetener in tea, spices on chicken and then that wee bit dressing on salad tonight. Really hope the past 3 days of not eating were not all wasted :eek:

You sound like you are doing great. The great irony of this diet is that you don't feel hungry (well I don't anyway) and the craving will stop once in ketosis. The only thing I did spot that you need to be careful with is missing meals. You need to have the 3 packs a day for the required vitamins etc. if you miss a pack you are on a VLCD and not having the required nutrients set out. I always have bars on standby as sometimes if I am not that hungry a bar is better (I find they don't fill me up so much).

Well done, if you are not already you will very soon be in ketosis.

I know what you mean Mrs McMoon I'm on day 4 and I have no idea if I'm doing everything right! I've got an appointment with my CDC tomorrow as well but I don't feel like I've lost any weight what-so-ever :s ........

Thanks for your replies! End of day 5 today and still not touched any food....i actually think this is the longest I have stuck to a diet in years!! lol :)

xx

I know what you mean Mrs McMoon I'm on day 4 and I have no idea if I'm doing everything right! I've got an appointment with my CDC tomorrow as well but I don't feel like I've lost any weight what-so-ever :s ........

Ah you say that but if you've stuck to the diet you absolutely will have lost weight. It'll be mostly water in the first week but it doesn't matter, a loss is a loss and it will spur you on to continue into week 2 :)

Ah you say that but if you've stuck to the diet you absolutely will have lost weight. It'll be mostly water in the first week but it doesn't matter, a loss is a loss and it will spur you on to continue into week 2 :)

Thank you! Well i went today and i lost 7lb so i was absolutely ecstatic! and i lost inches everywhere so it couldn't have gone better! xx

Thank you! Well i went today and i lost 7lb so i was absolutely ecstatic! and i lost inches everywhere so it couldn't have gone better! xx

Well done :D Feels good doesn't it? You'll find the next few weeks get easier and easier and it's such a good feeling when you see the weight and inches fall off :)

MrsMcMoon - when I have my head in the right place i never feel hungry/side effects on the first week of the diet (maybe a headache through not enough water but thats all). From everything written you seem to be doing it right. Might be worth checking with your consultant about sweeteners - i think some are allowed and some aren't but can't remember which. Good luck with the rest of the week.

Jenn - well done - off to a great start - its a good feeling isn't it?

Firelass - hope your weigh in goes well too.

MrsMcMoon - when I have my head in the right place i never feel hungry/side effects on the first week of the diet (maybe a headache through not enough water but thats all). From everything written you seem to be doing it right. Might be worth checking with your consultant about sweeteners - i think some are allowed and some aren't but can't remember which. Good luck with the rest of the week.

Jenn - well done - off to a great start - its a good feeling isn't it?

Firelass - hope your weigh in goes well too.

Its an amazing feeling! I can't believe it i never thought it would be possible! I am going to Turkey 4 weeks on Monday and i'm confident that i will feel good once i'm sat on that beach now! xx

Back