Week 1 on exante, previously did C.D and L.L.

focus

Growing up, I was always on the chunky side, but I had a passion for sport. Until the age of 18, when I started full time employment, my enjoyment of sport ensured I was a little over weight. Then when I stopped the sport, due my life changing, the weight piled on. I had never been slim and as I gained the weight along with bad eating habits - wrong food, wrong time of day,it really began to get me down. So, 12 years ago I came across an ad for L.L. I began the journey. I lost 7 and a half stone in 4 1/2 months sticking soley to the packs. It felt amazing. Although I did not know how to deal with all my new feelings. Suddenly I did not have my weight to hide behind. My new found figure attracted lots of attention that I had not expected or knew how to deal with. I quickly (too quickly) found myself in a new relationship which ended in marriage, two beautiful children (therefore no regrets) and divorce. My ex had never experienced weight gain so had no understanding. I started to put the weight back on within 18 months. I gradually put more on. A few times I tried to go back on L.L. but found it a struggle. In 2010/2011 I tried to go on C.D. although some how I could only manage a few weeks at a time. It took a long time for me to work out that everything in my life is connected, I used food and alcohol emotionally which in turn always strained my finances.
Now I have finally managed to engage in the right frame of mind to start and complete my journey to permanently improve my quality of life, but another hurdle that I faced was the financial one! Enter Exante! Thank you!!!
I ordered the mix pack for 1 month and the minute it arrived I was rearing to go!
So... my first week has been positive. Going on past experience, I know that not only is the water important to loose the weight but it really fills me up. I have a one litre bottle that I always carry with me, which I fill up with filtered water. I run my time line from midnight to midnight, so any water I have after midnight counts towards my next day's intake. I find that it works best for me if I don't have my first pack until about 1pm, so I begin my day with a fresh cup of coffee. Pack 2 about 5 to6pm when the family have dinner and my last pack by 10pm. I have my bar as my final pack, as I find it can make me want more so then I read a book and have a hot cup of mint tea.
Obviously I am running to the toilet very often, which takes strategic planning when out walking the dogs or shopping! but over all it is working. I started last Monday, the first 3 days were tough, with Wednesday resulting in my first experience of a migrane. It was not lack of water, I am convinced it was simply my body detoxifying, it was a million times worse than the hang over from hell! After a day time nap along with a pain killer it thankfully passed. I won't be putting myself through this again!
Then on Saturday evening, day 6, I found that I was becoming edgy,so after my last pack at 9pm, I retired to bed with a good book. On Sunday I woke up positive looking forward to Monday morning weigh in.
I have survived my first week and I feel amazing. I am getting out more with my children and the dogs. I am also much more aware of what my family are consuming, before although they enjoyed a wide range of healthy foods they also consumed a lot of junk. I always enjoyed cooking and now I ensure I am introducing a more healthy approach that will then ensure I stay on track once my weight loss is complete.
With week 2 now begun I am looking to the future. I am thrilled to have found this great site which really is a life line. Feeling supported by people in the same position as me really helps.
If anyone has any questions about anything they think I could help with please just ask. Thanks and good luck to everyone, one day at a time, we will succeed!!!

Hi, I am new to this and it is my first ever LCD. Well done, and thanks for sharing your story. I was doing SW but it allowed me to eat too much - which is my problem. I am 5 days into my Exante plan and I love the feeling I have. Best wishes, Good luck, Elaine

Back