week 2 and maintained both weeks!!

got weighed again on wed night and maintained both weeks, actually she didnt mention my name in the group and spoke to me at the end, maybe she didnt want to advertise that ive not lost weight?. she cant see anything in my food diary thats wrong. i followed extra easy for 5 days then did a green day and a red day, she thought that i might be 'clinging' on to the 2 'a' and 2 'b's from the green and the red day. she said that ee is best followed for a week at a time although the book says that i can have any of the days that i like. saying that, i feel healthy and i think i might have lost inches rather than weight but i didnt measure myself at the beginning, wish i had though. im feeling a bit disheartened though and although i havent got much to lose (12lbs), id still like to lose something! anyone got any advice? i know i can lose weight as i lost 64.5lbs with ww before i had my daughter.
today im having a green day and so far ive had porridge with chopped fresh fruit and skim milk (half of my hea) and heb, a jacket potato with beans cheese (hea) and onions/sweetcorn and salad, ive got home made rice pudding in oven with pudding rice and the rest of my hea plus 1 1/2 syns worth of skim milk, i snack on fruit and have had 1 ww yoghurt so far. im having syn free chips with dry fry eggs and mushy peas for tea with 2 wholemeal bread (heb) does that sound okay?? ive also got home made houmous in fridge to have with chopped veg if i feel hungry.

joanne

Have you made any big changes in the way you eat? Could be that because you don't have much to loose, and if you ate relatively healthily before you joined SW, that it's just taking it's time coming off.
I have known people STS in their first week, even gain a little, so it's not normal but I can see how 2 weeks running can be saddening.

Don't forget, SW do offer a money back guarantee if you don't lose anything in the first 4 weeks.

Just stick with it, your food looks just fine. I'd maybe have some superfree with your evening meal, but as it's green it's not mandatory, just a good idea.

Good luck. Hope things get moving for you.

thanks for the reply. there was a woman who lost 4.4lbs in 2nd week who joined same time as me, she was boasting how she had eaten and drank loads at the weekend, still had 15syns a day and lost 4.5lbs. i was thinking 'how the hell did you do that?' i have 10syns and have stuck to the plan to the letter. im not eating processed food anymore and i was calorie counting before i did this, around 1400 cals a day so maybe its the changeover?? the leader never said anything about the money back thingie after 4 weeks but i would have appreciated that she mentioned me in the meeting, i stayed right til the end 8.30 waiting for her to call my name too.

Have a word with her. You should be mentioned in Image Therapy unless you ask to be left out.

The money back guarantee is there for all. Hopefully you won't need it.

You may well find you are eating more than 1400 cals a day so it might take your body time to adjust, but you will lose if you have it to lose.

im 10st12 and would like to be 10st, which is okay as im 5ft5". i just thought she didnt want to let people know that id stayed the same 2 weeks in a row. but after years of counting points and calories its lovely to just eat 'normal' food if that makes sense. im still having treats with my syns such as walkers baked crisps but i use them also to pad my meals out, like flour or extra milk. so im enjoying it and if i can maintain with it and eat what i have then thats great. ive just looked at the online site and i thought pasta & sauce was free and had a whole packet one night but its not and its 6syns on ee or green so i would have gone over syns by 6. would that have made me stay the same??

6 syns is 120 calories so I doubt it would have been the difference between a loss and a gain really.
Some pasta in sauce are free, they are all listed in the syn sub forum. I don't eat them so don't know but I think most of the batchelors ones are free or low syn.

actually i looked at the syn thread you mentioned and i had the chicken and mushroom pasta n sauce from batchellors and thats free on green so i dont really know why i maintained. seems i might have to eat more, not that im complaining :)

Don't worry, a lot of people don't lose the first few weeks, body adjusting to the change. And going over by 6 syns won't have done much, plus you said you were sticking to 10 syns so if you need them there is that extra 35 (the 5 left over from each day) you can nip into. Try eating more superfree foods see if that helps any.

A couple of ideas:

Do you think you are eating more fibre than before? Fibre holds water so might mean that any weight you are loosing is being hidden by having more water in your system. If so this will balance out and you should start to see changes.

My second theory is that if you are sure you are doing EE right (I'm a Green girl) what you are eating now might be what your body needs to maintain :(. My SW book (2008 so might not be current advice) says to choose 1 or 2 A choices and 2 B's, so you could consider only having 1 A. I did know someone who found she was maintaining at a higher weight than she wanted and had to do that.

Back