• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more



Week 2 weigh in at SW

S: 13st2lb G: 10st10lb
#1
So I'm a slimming world newbie and I struggled massively this week.

First week, I lost 1lb.

Second week, I didn't stick to my plan AT ALL. Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday I was overloading on syns a d generally just eating badly.

Went for my weigh in today to find that somehow, I have lost 3lbs. Tbh, I don't really believe it. Feel almost as though the scales were not set properly. From my previous posts, some of you may know that I suffered with bulimia since the age of 13 (I'm 21 now), and today I had an exceptionally bad day whereby at lunchtime I had a full on binge then made myself bring everything up again. Was just wondering whether this could have affected the scales today? And wondered also whether anyone else has any off weeks but still managed to lose? I'm really unsure of whether I can believe this weeks weigh-in result! Love to hear from anyone who's had a similar experience...
 
Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
S: 8st3lb C: 8st3lb G: 7st7lb BMI: 23.2 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
#2
Hi :) I suffered with bulimia as well and from my experience the more binging and purging you do the more your weight fluctuates anyway, regardless of what you actually have or haven't eaten. It could have had a knock on effect on this weeks weigh-in and made you lighter, or perhaps you haven't been as bad as you thought? But, from my instincts I think it would be the being sick that has altered the number on the scale this week if you did it the same day as you got weighed.
I'm on slimming world too and one piece of advice I could give you is that when I'm not on a diet I end up binging and being sick, which obviously isn't healthy, but when I know I'm on a plan which works yet I can still eat, I feel amazing and the bulimia habits stop.
What I'd suggest is although it's really hard at first, do a week of giving it 100% and look at the results, it's an amazing feeling to look at the scale and realise you can lose weight and afford to eat and not have to stick your head in the toilet. To be honest, Slimming World is what started my recovery.
Keep trying and well done on your loss this week x
 
S: 13st2lb G: 10st10lb
#3
Lemontart said:
Hi :) I suffered with bulimia as well and from my experience the more binging and purging you do the more your weight fluctuates anyway, regardless of what you actually have or haven't eaten. It could have had a knock on effect on this weeks weigh-in and made you lighter, or perhaps you haven't been as bad as you thought? But, from my instincts I think it would be the being sick that has altered the number on the scale this week if you did it the same day as you got weighed.
I'm on slimming world too and one piece of advice I could give you is that when I'm not on a diet I end up binging and being sick, which obviously isn't healthy, but when I know I'm on a plan which works yet I can still eat, I feel amazing and the bulimia habits stop.
What I'd suggest is although it's really hard at first, do a week of giving it 100% and look at the results, it's an amazing feeling to look at the scale and realise you can lose weight and afford to eat and not have to stick your head in the toilet. To be honest, Slimming World is what started my recovery.
Keep trying and well done on your loss this week x
Hi lemontart, you're so right, I'm certain it was the episode on the day of weighing that gave me that result. I've not been to my weigh in last week as I was looking after a little one, but I've been constantly bingeing (it's a daily thing) so I'm terrified of what the verdict will be this week :-(

I'm really glad SW seems to be working for you. Just really not looking as though it's the right thing for me. I'm gutted actually...
 
S: 8st3lb C: 8st3lb G: 7st7lb BMI: 23.2 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
#4
You've only been doing it for two weeks and you haven't actually put on any weight - you could have easily gained a few pounds, but instead you've lost one. That's a good achievement especially if you've suffered with bulimia as we do tend to yoyo a lot in weight! So I think you've done really well, it takes a hell of a lot to try and sort a problem out and you've made the first step by trying, so don't be so hard on yourself. It's a new week tomorrow, start afresh, and look at it positively instead of beating yourself up about it.
As for the weigh in, don't be scared, just go and if you've put on weight let it be a wake-up call to say 'right, I really need to stop binging' because not only does it play havoc with your metabolism the purging also causes loads of other health problems, and I promise you it isn't worth that. I have severely messed up my teeth and if I could go back and change everything I would :(

When I have enough posts to be able to use PM, feel free to drop me a message and we can help each other if you want? I know how easy it is to slip into the binging but I binge on slimming world food now (like an entire packet of chicken slices at a time followed by 4 yogurts) and I'm too full to even consider the food I really fancied. Maybe that could help? Finding 'safe' foods to go crazy on? x
 
S: 13st2lb G: 10st10lb
#5
Lemontart said:
You've only been doing it for two weeks and you haven't actually put on any weight - you could have easily gained a few pounds, but instead you've lost one. That's a good achievement especially if you've suffered with bulimia as we do tend to yoyo a lot in weight! So I think you've done really well, it takes a hell of a lot to try and sort a problem out and you've made the first step by trying, so don't be so hard on yourself. It's a new week tomorrow, start afresh, and look at it positively instead of beating yourself up about it.
As for the weigh in, don't be scared, just go and if you've put on weight let it be a wake-up call to say 'right, I really need to stop binging' because not only does it play havoc with your metabolism the purging also causes loads of other health problems, and I promise you it isn't worth that. I have severely messed up my teeth and if I could go back and change everything I would :(

When I have enough posts to be able to use PM, feel free to drop me a message and we can help each other if you want? I know how easy it is to slip into the binging but I binge on slimming world food now (like an entire packet of chicken slices at a time followed by 4 yogurts) and I'm too full to even consider the food I really fancied. Maybe that could help? Finding 'safe' foods to go crazy on? x
Awesome! Would be great to have a SW 'buddy' (I've gone from my pro-Mia buddy to this, that is an achievement and a half!) or I'll give you my email or something, whatever's easier! Really need to work on that as I go for the 'bad' foods.... Cookies, biscuits, cakes, crisps etc... :-(
 
S: 8st3lb C: 8st3lb G: 7st7lb BMI: 23.2 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
#6
That is a good achievement!! I found that if I save a HexB and put cereal in a bowl (special K is good for this) and put it on the side, you can nibble all day with it (well, until it runs out) and it takes away the urge to crunch on things like crisps etc? Yeah send email if you want :)
 
S: 13st2lb G: 10st10lb
#7
Lemontart said:
That is a good achievement!! I found that if I save a HexB and put cereal in a bowl (special K is good for this) and put it on the side, you can nibble all day with it (well, until it runs out) and it takes away the urge to crunch on things like crisps etc? Yeah send email if you want :)
What's a hexb??
 


Similar threads



Top