Week 2.

Sam330m

Hi.

Just looking for some advice and help really

First week I lost 9.5lbs
Second week (weighed tonight) only lost 0.5lbs

I mean I understand I wasn’t gonna loose 9.5 every week but have virtually eaten the same for 14 Days straight as in pretty much same meals for breakkie lunch and dinner and same snacks and syns I’m aloud 35 syns and only using 15-20 as don’t feel I need anymore and why use them for the sake of it?

What I’m asking is do other people stick to plan 100% and have weeks like this is it normal? Only thing I can think is maybe up my fluids other than that I’m doing it bang on to plan.

Thanks for any advice or support.

Hi @Sam330m

From what I've read on here over a few peoples experiences and heard people talking about it, it completely varies person to person. The first week is usually a big hitter for the majority. After that generally any loss is a good week. Your current weight is also going to be a big factor in how much you lose I think.

I also know of people who have stuck 100% to plan and gained and they have put it down to overindulging on the carbohydrates or eating too much. I have done both of these and had slower weeks myself. Fruit and yoghurt was a prime example for me, both free foods, both seen as healthy (0% natural fat yoghurt), I was eating 3 bowls a day and the bowls were full right up. I took them down to 2 bowls and smaller portions and saw the weight coming off quicker. I also took the carbohydrate advice from a friend and swapped rice out for cauliflower rice and cut down on my spuds during the week and this also helped.

This early on, it's probably worth experimenting with stuff you like and seeing how much of a difference it makes on your loss. I'm now 4 months in and have probably just found a routine that I'm happy with (I would've said the same 2 months ago but it's changed again as the fruit is down to one bowl a day now for breakfast!).

Keep us all updated on here and good luck!

Morning.

I don't follow SW myself but every other week I either stay the same or not even lose half a lb. I don't let it get me down tho and just keep going and then every other week I lose 3/4lbs. It will all catch up with u so long as u stick to what ur doing ur body will catch up. Might be worth taking some measurements as well as I look at my measurements on my stay the same weeks and there is definately a loss of inches.

Keep updating ur diary tho and let us all know how ur getting on.

Good luck x

Thanks for both replies.

My main concern is knowing that it is working even if I have poor weeks with a loss - I feel better in myself just after two weeks I’m happy with remaining or only loosing half a pound from week to week aslong as some weeks I might loose 2 pounds let’s say.

I’m going to up my water intake this week as really only thing that wasn’t great last week was my fluid levels and people have since told me water aids towards weight loss. So I’ve invested in a 1.5 litre bottle and will make sure I drink that at work, with a pint or so of juice in mornings and evening.

Sam

Hi Sam, it works, you need to stick with it, sometimes the loss is not seen on the scales but on your measurements, I would urge you to start taking your measurements either weekly or monthly.

I have had weeks where I have been a positive angel and nothing....and the next week I lost 4 lbs rather then my normal 1 or 2 lbs.

Our bodies sadly aren't geared to working as per our excel chart of 'if I lose 3lbs a week I can be xx by Christmas', they tend to work on the lose 1 lb, lose .5 lb, stay the same, lose 2 lbs, gain 1 lbs, lose 2 lbs chart which is INCREDIBLY annoying and frustrating!

Back