week 3 and my Atkins observations

bluecatlady

Well, week 3 and I've still been eating induction style but I've gained a pound. Now thou this is not unheard of it is disappointing.

A couple of things I have noticed.

Although my energy is stable now, no highs or hunger lows which is nice I'm still completely exhausted. I have not had the energy surge everyone reports and frankly I feel rubbish. I also have a cold I have not been able to shift for two weeks.

I don't feel hungry often and now only need to eat two meals, or a snack and a meal (if 16/8 most days for the paleo crowd out there ) which is good and they don't perk me up or carb crash me which I account to the stable energy and it's good... Although I admit I miss my post dinner high.

I still massively crave sweet things even though I'm not a sweet tooth person. I find this very odd.

Nutts make me VERY hungry! So no more of those!

Can only tolerate a cream sauce on dinner every 3rd dinner time, My tummy won't handle that much fat more often. But that's ok I guess lol.

Food is tasty and I need less of it but I could really do with something sweet and since I really don't like sweeteners those are out...

I take a multivitamin, and drink water and only one or two decaf coffees a day with cream. I miss the caffeine and the choice I had to have sugar free squash if I wanted it.

I hate flax! Not the taste, just the texture so no mims for me!! Although I love almond flour pancakes, low carb and good cold for breakfast if I need a snack.

Going to give Atkins another month but if I don't get some energy soon I'm going to have to go elsewhere which I'll be sad about.

I hope it works out for you, it sounds like it's having all the right effects. You might feel better as you up your carb level slowly, add a bit more green veg or the odd berries. The sweet cravings should improve, but I won't deny it takes some willpower for a while.

I agree with you about nuts! I steer clear now unless I want to be ravenous and not lose any weight!

A month is a good time to give it- don't give up too soon. Best of luck.

PS Congratulations on your weight loss so far! Impressive!

Seems I'm posting after you where ever I go boggins! :)

I'm happy so far and I do struggle to keep my foundation veg levels up, but personally I can only eat so much spinach with cheese lol and I still can not stomach salad without salad cream... Thinking about knocking up a tomato salsa type sauce to serve with my breakfast eggs or chicken lunches, you know sneek a few good carbs in.

I read an article about getting your good carbs higher and it just said blend em to make sauce. Clever really. Just waiting for parsnips to be ok then it's parsnips everywhere thou that'll be a while since root veg is pretty much out till the year after next and maintaining.

Good side is I brought strawberries which I'm enjoying. Chopped with a quarter tsp of sweetener and gets my carbs up on good stuff easily. Though I'm shocked at the portion size 100grams is about 5 strawberries! 6carbs is ok thou.

Still getting used to Atkins with a long way to go yet!

Congratulations on your goal hitting!

Oh dear bluecatlady, i am sorry you are having such a hard time, hopefully when you increase the carbs a bit you will feel better and loose, I read somewhere that some people do better on a slightly higher level of carbs...good luck

Thank you sammie. I have been hearing this too. I've just become so carb phobic so fast! I'm struggling to eat to 15grams me carbs kept alone more but I do want to follow all the stages of owl so I will find a way to hit those carb targets and find my ccll.

I seem to function very well on low carb but my metabolism is very slow anyway, (hypothyroidism) and feel I might need more carbs. Anyone else found this? ?

Back