week 3 gaining weight!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by miss-marple, 29 March 2011 Social URL.

1. miss-marple

miss-marple New Member

Start Weight:
    22st7lb
    Current Weight:
    21st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(4.44%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hello Everyone

Week one I lost 14lbs,
    Day 6 of week 2 I had lost another 6lb.

Week 2 (1 day later!) I had put on 4lbs:cry:
    now 1 day later have put on another 2! :mad:

I dont understand it, I am ss, no cheating. I did this diet 5 years ago with no problems.

Any advice or reasons why gratefully received.

Many thanks in advance

xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sigourney

sigourney Gold Member

Only weigh once a week... Each day you can fluctuate depending on your water intake and storage.....so weekly is a more accurate measure of weight loss x

4. Jayellekay

Jayellekay this time - the last time

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(28.7%)
    I had the same problem the first time I did the diet. I eventually gave up.

I didn't enough water. How much are you drinking?

I have been much more successful this time. I aim for 4litres a day - so always have a minimum of 3.

5. sigourney

sigourney Gold Member

5 pints that's a good day for me ! X

6. Lily

Lily Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.38%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Are you weighing yourself at the same time every day or at different times? Your weight can fluctuate by up to 7 pounds (and sometimes more than this) over the course of a day.

All sorts of things can affect how much water your body has on board at any one time: hormones, being stressed or tired, being a bit under the weather, whether you've done some exercise...

But if you're doing SS 100% it's impossible for you not to be losing fat, okay? Water weighs a lot, so if you're retaining water, it can hide the fact that you've lost fat. Scales are really stupid, unintelligent things - they can't tell if you've lost fat but are retaining water. Even those snazzy scales that are supposed to be able to measure all sorts of things aren't entirely accurate.

So stop worrying, stop weighing in everyday, and be assured that you will be, most definitely, losing fat if you stick to the diet 100%. Sometimes it'll take a week or two for all of that loss to show up on the scales, but it will show up.

Well done on your weight loss so far. :clap:

7. sasha63

sasha63 I ♥ CD !!

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    meal replacement
    agree with others weigh once a week but wish l could pratice what l preach

8. Layano

Layano Full Member

Hi lily
    I went to my Cambridge diet consultant and she told me my weight loss is slow to water retention around 36 above normal.
    This actually concerns me as I heard of a woman died due to water relation on cd.
    Thanks for help

9. Ladyrose

Ladyrose Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Maybe totm nearing? I tend to retain alot of water, someon advised me on taking the water balance tablets from holland and barrett, they are just under a fiver and they work for me...

10. sigourney

sigourney Gold Member

Been reading up... Water tablets are really only a quick fix... The minute you eat your body we go back to it's natural state.. Better off doing something kong term to minimise water retention... Maybe lowering carbs and drinking more water ? X

11. Ladyrose

Ladyrose Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    I wasn't suggesting taking them all the time, I only take them afew days before my totm and during. They reduce bloatness and I don't retain the water making me same as everyday, after that I don't touch them as my body gets to stay in its natural state thr'out.

12. sigourney

sigourney Gold Member

Yes like I said quick fix ... I have tried lots.. Not yet found a really good one though..:-(....... I'm on peppermint oil capsules now daily... To see if that helps... Not noticed yet although I'm not bloated at the min, will be interesting to see how I feel nearer to my period...although I'm taking them to just settle my tummy long term really because it does get irritated... any of you found a good brand if water tablets yet.. ? X

13. great things

great things Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.27%)
    Diet:
    CD 810
    Hi Hun. Water retention on cd!!!!!! This won't make you die :) what u r thinking of is the person who drank loads of water in a very short space of time on a diet similar to cd. Her brain swelled with water as did her bodies tissues.

14. MandyMoo77

MandyMoo77 Full Member

Yeah that dafty drank a whopping 9 pints of water one after the other because shed been unable to drink all day at work (or something). Never drink more than a pint an hour and try to not guzzle.

Water retention happens to most women. Good news is in a week (or two for some women) you'll get a good loss when it all goes!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.