Week 3: Weigh In

lunar jim

Gold Member
Another 8lbs gone!!! :D

Only three inches overall, but it's all from my really flabby parts so I'm still happy with that.

Hi Jim

Wow your losses are amazing.........are you on SS then..................Well done you!!

Hi Jim

Wow your losses are amazing.........are you on SS then..................Well done you!!

Thanks Sandy :D No, would you believe I'm on 1000 calories! I'm doing step 3a which is still low carb and I guess I'm just being really disciplined with it. I'm making sure I drink plenty of water and trying hard to drive all thoughts of cheating out of my head, despite an up-coming BBQ and work restaurant visit... Planning ahead for those, though.

Mrs. Lunar had a good loss this week too, and got a nice compliment from someone when she picked the kids up from school the other day. No-one has said anything to me when I've picked them up, bugg3rs lol

Hi

Wish my hubby would do this diet with me as he could do with it.......well done to you and the Mrs and cant believe that is on the 1000 calorie plan as well...............keep going.........you doing great..............those folk at the school will be noticing but they probably afraid to say anything just in case you take offence...lol.

Your losses are AMAZING hun!! Well done hun!!! I cannot believe your on the 1000 plan!!! It goes to show that all the plans work if you stick to it 100% and do do that with food is so much harder than on the shakes, so well done hun xxx

Thats brilliant! Keep up the good work!

Hey Jim.... Well done, that's brilliant.

Your losses are AMAZING hun!! Well done hun!!! I cannot believe your on the 1000 plan!!! It goes to show that all the plans work if you stick to it 100% and do do that with food is so much harder than on the shakes, so well done hun xxx

For me, at the moment, 1000 calories suits me down to the ground. I started on it because my BMI was so large; CDC said that it would need to come down under 40 before going SS. It did that after 1 week lol! At WI today we agreed that it was pointless going down to SS now because my losses have been good. So the plan is to keep on 1000 calories and only move down to SS as and when my losses slow down, to try and keep the momentum going.

I like the 1000 calories though as it allows me to do a bit of exercise! And if I hold some of my morning fruit and keep an apple for a mid-afternoon snack then that keeps me on a nice level throughout the day. Dunno if you're supposed to do that but it seems to work for me, which is what counts.

And lots of water!

Jim

Can I be really nosey and ask what you would eat in a day.......Do you break it into 3 meals or 6small ones and what do you have........are you finding you are hungry at all or are you ok...........I am just curious as with the ss it takes the food out of the equation and I just wonder if I would cheat if it was added.............do you weigh your food or what??
S

Well done Jim, excellent weightloss, and well done in being so disciplined... well done to Mrs Lunar too...
Was thinking maybe no one at the school has said anything to you incase you think they are coming on to you... lol

Thats unbelievable, over 2 stone in 3 weeks is absolutely amazing, seriously well done!

well done Jim that is excellent news keep up the good work xx

Jim

Can I be really nosey and ask what you would eat in a day.......Do you break it into 3 meals or 6small ones and what do you have........are you finding you are hungry at all or are you ok...........I am just curious as with the ss it takes the food out of the equation and I just wonder if I would cheat if it was added.............do you weigh your food or what??
S

Not nosey at all! On a typical day I will have:

Breakfast: CD Porridge, cup of coffee with skimmed milk
Water throughout the morning, about 100 cals of fruit e.g. a banana
Lunch: CD Soup plus a leafy salad with some fat-free dressing on it plus a cup of Earl Grey
Mid-afternoon: apple, about 50 cals
Dinner: something made up from step 3a such as chicken breast and e.g. cauliflower and another cuppa :D, plus a few strawberries, should be about 460 cals
Mid-evening, I'll have a kids raisin/dried fruit snack, they're only 9 cals
When Mrs. Lunar gets in from work: cup of tea

I don't weigh the food, I just guess by the packet weight and go from there. It'll be inaccurate, like last night I had Quorn pieces for the first time on the diet. You can have 275g. I opened the 350g packet and thought 'that's loads, I'll never eat it!' so I just used half the packet and it was plenty. Tillyfloss will testify to that one :D But yeah, I'll have been down on calories for that meal.

Not very scientific :D

As far as hunger goes... I work from home, and the fridge is just there! Probably one of the reasons I'm so fat! But it's helping me out now; because I'm not having my fruit immediately with my breakfast if I have a pang I'll just grab a strawberry or two from the fridge and a glass of water from the filter jug and that sorts me out. So I get to pick, but it's a healthy pick and the fruit is allowed on Step 3 so it's no problem.

In the afternoon the apple works wonders. Mrs. Lunar walks out of the door to work some nights as I'm finishing work, so I've got three young kids to myself to take my mind off things until they go to bed at around 7pm.

Then I have my meal, doesn't take long to cook, probably finished that by about 7:30pm so it's a little fruit snack and a cup of tea probably about 9ish if I'm feeling peckish. Mrs. Lunar gets home about 10:15pm and we have a cuppa and some quality time. Then it's off to sleep and up again at 7am to start again!

Sorry, just to add to that... I think having the food, especially the fruit, is helping me *not* to cheat. My big problem (other than takeaways...) was picking during the day, and although I do still have a pick it's strawberries and stuff rather than crisps, or the kid's Babybels, or the kids leftover cottage pie cheesy topping etc. etc.

The takeaway thing is a different story though. It takes effort to have a takeaway in you have to phone them up, wait for the order etc. I can't just nip out and get one because I can't leave the kids on the nights Mrs. Lunar is at work so that is helping (working evenings is helping her too, here), and if I do fancy one I know it won't be here for like an hour so I'm just not bothered. I don't drink (which is a bonus, I'm not missing my booze), so I've always collected the takeaway in the past so we're used to phoning an order in and collecting it within a few minutes. Can't do that now, and it's easier to cook something than wait for one to arrive.

Ah one other thing, I try and do 30 mins on the Wii Fit every day, doing the aerobic exercises, in what would be my lunch break if I were in an office, if you see what I mean. I guess like some people go for a jog in their lunch hour? I don't always manage to do it though, due to work or the kids, but it comes out most days.

Well done Jim, excellent weightloss, and well done in being so disciplined... well done to Mrs Lunar too...
Was thinking maybe no one at the school has said anything to you incase you think they are coming on to you... lol

Thanks! It's been a journey mentally so far and it's only been what, 23 days. I was dreaming of Parmos the other night which is just weird!

ML is doing well, I'm not posting her actual figures on here, I thought if she wants to make them public she'll sign up herself lol. She's been finding it a bit tough as she's had a tummy bug (as have the kids...) but she's losing at a steady rate.

No WI next week as our CDC is on her jollys, and staring the week after that we're doing WI on the afternoon instead of the morning so ML can go to aqua-aerobics, so I guess that will skew the numbers that week...

Sounds like you have it well sussed out Jim good for you and it is not as drastic as ss which is why it is working for you I guess................well done again.............S

Wow! You are doing so well - bet you never dreamt a month ago where you'd be today. Personally I'd be struggling with any food at the moment - I think I'd end up slipping "just a little more" onto the plate each day and end up back at square one - so big pats on the back for your restraint!

To everyone else - don't ya just hate how weight drops off men!

Sounds like you have it well sussed out Jim good for you and it is not as drastic as ss which is why it is working for you I guess................well done again.............S

That's dead right Sandy. It's working for me right now, whether this is the case next week, the week after, next month or whatever is another story, but I've accepted that I might have to change steps if/when my weight loss starts to tail off. But I'm taking it one week at a time.

Back