week away- help needed please

marlei

Hi everyone,
I'll be away from home for a week, starting on Sunday and I need some advice please.
I am following extra easy plan and while away I would like to maintain or loose a bit more weight if possible but how should I do it?

I'm not on holiday, it's work related trip so I don't mind being good ;)
I will stay in a caravan and will have breakfast provided. How can I make the trip sw friendly???
Any tips welcome :)

I suppose you just have to plan ahead where you can, perhaps take some syn free snacks to keep you from getting too hungry? Perhaps take a food diary sheet so you see any slips stack up?

Jeniferous you are on the case ;) I think I need to write everything down and keep a track of my syns.
I was thinking to get a lot of fruit and maybe some healthy ready meals but I know they are usually high in syns :(
Could anybody recommend any low syns ready meals which i can get from supermarkets, please?

No problem!:)

If you go to the main SW forum - there's a sub forum called syn values

Syn Values

There's loads of threads with lots of info on syn values for various meals/snacks/treats - happy reading! :p

Thank you! I think this will sort me out :)

Hiya! Can you cook in the caravan? Or make up SW meals and portion some up and whack them in the freezer when you get there? Sorry if this is not practical x

I agree with sculls. If you are in a caravan you can cook yourself some syn free/low syn food. it needn't be things which take a long time either. How about

1. chilli con carne (you can even use leftovers for lunch or dinner the next day too)
2. pasta bakes - you can take some tinned tomatoes, onion, peppers, mushrooms, chicken and make yourself something nice - even adding your hexa of cheese on top if you want to)
3. Jacket potato with prawns/beans and cheese
4. SW fish and chips - I have never made the chips but they sound easy enough and you can just overn bake a piece of fish
5. Bangers and mash - you can use Morrisons NuMe sausages at one syn each and add some synful spread to the mash (for flavour and because you have been so good so far!!) :)
6. SW fry up - this one is brill.

Just dont forget to take your fry light with you!!

I would also suggest taking some hifi/alpen light to snack on as low syn and a TON of fruit. Take some diet coke or squash so you have something to drink so you feel like you are getting a little bit of a treat. and take some low syn snacks like mini oreos (6 syns a bag), mikado (half syn each) so you can stick as much to plan as possible.

Well done for planning in advance - this is where a lot of people slip up. Imagine how good you will feel if you come back to a loss!!! :)

Great ideas :) Thank you so much!
I have sent a question about the cooking and fridge/freezer facilities so need to just wait for reply. I know there will be other people so I don't want to isolate myself and if everybody will go out for meals I'll do the same but I want to stay on track as much as it is possible :)
I was going to buy lots of ready meals but I have freezer full of food which I cooked myself so hopefuly this will be enough to get me through the lunches. I will go and buy some mugshots and batchelors pasta'n'sauce - I never had any of these before but I want to be ready for whatever the day will bring. I know that there are some other "mug" meals which are free. But I need to look for those. Any ideas(preferably names ;)) about the free rice or other stuff, please?

I have found that lots of batchelors stuff are syns free! I'm so happy about this. So on my shopping list I have now super low fat noodles and savoury rice! great. I think I'll survive the week!
Thank you everybody for your help!

You'll have to let us know how you get on. I have a few extremely hectic days at work next week including catered lunches and hotel stays so ill e in the same boat as you!!

No problem :) I will!

I know now that there will be a stove, a fridge, a kettle and a toaster. No cooker so no jacket potatoes, no microwave either.
Not looking forward to spending too much time cooking though. Oh well, tomorrow I'm going shopping and will see how I will get on with everything!

I have been shopping :) I bought drumsticks which are marinarting atm, will cook them tomorrow. I have eggs, quark, cottage cheese, tuna, baked beans, 2 wholemeal rolls, nice cooked meats, yogurts, lots of fruit and veg. My plan is to have 1 weetabix and possibly 1 toast. Then for lunch I'll make myself a huge salads, and in the evening I will have either beans on toast or any of savoury rice, pasta'n'sauce or mugshot. I think I'll try to find a place where they serve jackets and salads and hope for the best ;)

I have got myself a "celebration" box - just to treat myself, and they are 2 syns each :) I have some fruit teas and lots of bottled water as well :)

Do you think I'm ready??? Keep your fingers crossed for me, please! I'm going tomorrow...

Back