Week before the beginning

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by malevolentnuzzler87, 14 May 2010 Social URL.

1. malevolentnuzzler87

malevolentnuzzler87 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.72%)
    Diet:
    Dukan Diet
    Hi,

Im starting Lipotrim friday next week (as I have a hospital appointment and have been advised by the pharmacist not to start before it) and am looking forward to my weight loss journey :)

Have been doing the Slim fast diet religiously for 2 months and havent lost a thing, so Im hopeing that this will work, all your posts have been a real inspiration to me. Am going 100% on this and will give it all Ive got :)

I was just wondering what everyone ate on the week before starting the diet. Did you have that "last curry" and did it affect your first or second weight in? Were you already on a fruitless diet like me? Were the first few days bad enough I should book a little time of work to adjust?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Catt

Catt Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.51%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Hi there,

I had been on a diet 2 weeks prior to starting LT and had already lost 6lbs. I have lost 12lb in 2 weeks and am happy with that. I think all a final curry would do is to give you a slightly little more weight to shift :p

I wish you all the luck in the world for next week xx

4. SilverMist

SilverMist Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim TRF
    Hi
    I was on holiday the week before I started and as I was in Italy, I had pasta and salads so lots of carbs - and I did actually have a curry the night before I started so my first weigh in is tomorrow so we'll see what kind of a loss I have - I'll post it anyhow..
    Best of luck next week, there's plenty here sharing your journey and it's a bit easier knowing you're not alone doing it. There's always someone to talk to:)

5. MiniB

MiniB Here we go again!

Diet:
    Exante
    Hi, welcome and good luck for Friday. I think most people eat what they want the night before. Look forward to following your journey.

6. MissDesperate

MissDesperate Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(9.01%)
    When I decided to go on Lipotrim, the last 2 days I ate, ate, ate...
    All the favorite things, indian food, tons of sweets.
    Didn't affect my 1st weigh in - lost 15lbs. Just my starting weight was higher, but god it was wort it!!

7. princess-of-power

princess-of-power this is SPARTA!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(9.74%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Dont want to be a killjoy but this isnt really the appropriate forum to post a thread talking about eating! This is the 100% place where slips, blips or eating anything isnt really kosher. Mods, can this be moved to the general forum please?

Mini likes this.
  8. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    It's moved!

9. yummymummynot

yummymummynot Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(6.75%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Not sure if this thread is moved ? If so where did it go? Sorry am new enough to mini so might need a sat nav every now and then!!

Anyway I just wanted to say best of luck with your journey. The 1st week has one or two days that are tough but you do get over them. For me it was day 3 and 4 and after that my body seemed to have adjusted. I lost 10 lbs the first week and believe me your first weigh in is one hell of a motivator to keep going.

Anyway my advice would be to have something nice the night before but not to overdo it as you only have to loose it afterwards.

Remember its not a last supper - you will get to eat again - you are just taking a break from food.

Best of luck

10. Zenaworrier

Zenaworrier Back to reality!

Start Weight:
    85kg
    Current Weight:
    80kg
    Goal Weight:
    60kg
    Lost(%):
    5kg(5.87%)
    Hi,
    Welcome to our big happy family! This place is great when you want to moan or to share good news. Everyone is really friendly and supportive.
    As for your "last supper" I would be careful. I went on a complete blow out and had jacket potatoes, McDonald's, chips and mushy peas and about 5 bags of crisp's ! I didn't go in ketosis till day 6 when generally most people are around day 3-4. I'm sure this is the only reason why! So enjoy yourself but be careful with the carbs!
    T x

11. Justice UK

Justice UK Full Member

I had a pizza, I think you should just eat what you want the night before. Enjoy it and then concentrate on Lipotrim.

12. Newb

Newb Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(10.24%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    This is my third time on LT, the first two time I started with a big meal out the night before, it was fine no problem.
    This third time I had a regular meal the night before and I found I went into ketosis a lot faster than when I had the big meals, not sure if that was just me or if anyone else has had the same experience.

Newb

13. keocoll

keocoll Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st6lb
    Current Weight:
    20st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.5lb(1.57%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    hi im 3 days in and i had my fav stuff the day before i think it has made it more easier as i tried it last year and failed after 4 days but this time im a lot stronger

14. malevolentnuzzler87

malevolentnuzzler87 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.72%)
    Diet:
    Dukan Diet
    Thanks

Thanks for all your replys, its good to know that what I eat shouldnt make too big a difference, though I do agree that too much the day before is just more to loose!

Sorry about mentioning food in the 100% forum btw, I didnt mean it the way it came out, was more interested if a big meal before affected the rate of ketosis and weightloss, not the actual food itself
    :D

15. princess-of-power

princess-of-power this is SPARTA!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(9.74%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Dont apologise, malevolentnuzzler, last time I was on here it wasnt as complicated but I would take advantage and check out all parts of the forum because you can find some great treasures on here!

I always just had a normal meal before a VLCD and went into ketosis much faster than my OH who had 2 chinese takeaways TO HIMSELF the night before he started. He felt like crap the first few days where I felt ok...ish!

16. summergurl

summergurl ‚ô•3 Years Maintaining‚ô•

Start Weight:
    19st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    8st0lb(41.18%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Lipotrim, Exante
    Before i started LT for the first time, the week prior i had:
    mc donalds, kfc, burger king, chinese, jakes (local student take away place), plenty of crisps, chocolate, sweets ..... basically what i wanted!

Its now been over a year since i started lipotrim and i havnt had a mcdonalds, kfc, burgerking or jakes. Infact the only takeaway i have had is i think 2 possibly 3 chinese meals.

So, in all .... i think you should go for it - i found it helped alot knowing that i had had all i wanted as i knew i was on LT for the long haul! :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.