Week one of SS done!!

thisisme

Hello everyone,

I've been lurking on these forums for quite some time trying to decide if Cambridge was right for me. Two weeks ago I made plans to go overseas for my 30th birthday and realised I'm too big to feel comfortable on a beach in a swim suit so that was the kick up the backside I needed to make the decision to go for it!

I have a very busy job, barely have time to make breakfast so it's usually toast on white bread as I'm running out of the door, no lunch then eat anything I can get my hands on when I get home which has seen the weight pile on :(

I went to see a lovely CDC last week who put me at ease and was very positive about me reaching my goal by next spring.

Apart from around 30 minutes of nausea and headache on day 2 I've found it pretty easy and think I've been lucky that I have not experienced any other side effects, if anything, I feel better than I have in years! I'm having porridge for breakfast, a tetra pack at lunch and alternate between shakes and soup in the evening.

So, because I wasn't experiencing any of the side effects I wasn't expecting big results, but after being weighed this morning I've gone from 17st 2lbs to 16st 6lbs in a week so I'm really happy with that!

This weight loss has definitely given me a boost and I'm hoping for a steady loss between now and Christmas. I plan to have Christmas week off CDC then straight back on in the new year,

Hi thisisme - I'm niki and am currently on day 59. I have currently lost 2 stone 8lbs. I have done this on SS 100%, except for two ss+ days.

I can relate to your post as I am turning 30 at the end of this month and I actually started this plan at the beginning of September in order to lose weight for my birthday party at the end of November. I've gone from a tight size 16 to a size 12, so I am really really happy!

The week of my birthday party I am going to do step 2 for a week. Originally I was going to come off plan altogether but I'm so motivated to get to goal now! Plus by the time of my party (if I have calculated correctly!) I would have been doing SS for 12 weeks so will NEED to go up to step 2 for a week, whether I want to or not! So it's really good timing!

I have been following the plan with my fiance but he has reached goal now, so he's on step 3.

I didn't really suffer too much in the first week -my worst day was day 11. I think I just felt down as it felt like I had ages to go on this plan and I couldn't notice a difference in my clothes....I'm so glad I kept with it!

Don't forget to drink plenty of water- and come on here for motivation! We are a friendly bunch!

Well done you! I'm only 4 days in & like you I feel a lot better already, keep posting, it's fab to read such inspiring losses & to read you're not alone when things look bleak & food looks tasty lol x

Thank you all. It's really nice to speak to people going through the same thing as me. I'm down another 2lbs today so I'm only 2lbs away from my first stone! It's the TOTM too so I really wasn't expecting to see any more loss this week.

I took some photos on day 1 and took more today to compare and I can already see a big difference in my stomach which as gone down quite a lot! Not quite ready to post anything online but it's definitely motivating to look at such a big difference in only 8 days. I know I won't see such big losses like this all the time but it's definitely the boost I needed!

Hi i have just started too. (did LL before and lost 4 1/2 stone and got the much hoped for miracle baby) ... off I go again 6 years later. Feeling okay. Drinking lots of water to stop the day 3 headaches hopefully.

Be nice to have some company and support. 'thisisme' fab first week weight loss...

Hi Miracle19, definitely think its a good idea for moral support as we've started at similar times. Have you started with headaches? I've still not had any yet (apart from for half an hour on day 2) so I'm hoping it stays that way!

Hello All

I'm on day 3 and reading your posts is so helpful, not sturggling too much but can't wait to see a difference in myself

x

tomorrow is exactly two weeks to the day that I started, i've gone from 17st 2lbs to 15st 13lbs - keep going everyone, we can do it!

Hi everyone ure All doin really well I only started last tue but seem to b doin ok x not goin to weight myself til CBC does it x think I will find tonight a bit of a struggle as this is my first nite off since starting it as I work nite duty xfelt a bit sick and lightheaded last nite but thank gawd that has passed (hopefully ) x x

Hi everyone I'm on day 1 starting today so very early stages of the plan people on here sharing their thoughts and experiences are invaluable to me, I am very motivated to do this I know it's only early days but I'm sure things will get easier as the days go on :)

Hi sczoo90, good luck to you! staying motivated throughout it essential - I've definitely found it easier as the days have gone one. i find weekends/days off the worse as they seem to drag, but I make sure those are the days I have my Chocolate and Mint shakes, I split the packs so I get extra shakes throughout the day and I definitely find it much easier! I'm in week 3 now so going to start doing pilates and lots of long walks to keep the momentum of good losses going. I've still got a long way to go but seeing the weight fall off is definitely enough motivation to keep going. I've decided to have a week off over Christmas so I can have my Xmas dinner and go out with friends etc but after that, it's back Cambridge until spring. I think knowing Christmas isn't far away is spurring me on even more, especially as I have 2 gorgeous dresses that I am determined to fit in at Christmas and New Years Eve!

Hi Maggie,

During the week when I'm at work I alternate between original and apple and cinnamon porridge for breakfast, alternate days chocolate or strawberry tetra pack for lunch and soup for dinner (I alternate days between leek and potato, vegetable, chicken and mushroom and oriental)

on a Friday and Saturday evening I always have a chocolate & mint shake instead of soup as I like having it as my chocolate 'treat'

Weekends I have porridge for breakfast, soup for lunch and a shake for dinner.

Ive found the more flavours of shakes/soups I have, the less bored I become of having the same thing. As soon as I get my new packs I always sort them out in to days and write the day of the week and which meal it is for on the packet!

Awk thank u x my prob is I work nite duty x so I was havin a soup when I got up at 6pm then nothin all nite but then would have my strawberry ready made milk shake about 9am and then porridge about 2pm when I'm goin to bed. Does this sound ok I'm not in the least bit hungry (and scared to chew anything in case in starts me off again) drink loads durin the nite x

Heya guys, I'm on my 4th day of SS on the cambridge diet, I'm feeling pretty positive ATM and have had no side effects yet, just signs of ketosis! It's really fab reading your posts seeing how much you guys have lost so far! Xx

Hiya,

I'm on day one of SS and I'm so hungry. I would go to bed but have so much work to do before tomorrow so I'm hoping that can keep me occupied until bedtime.

Roll on tomorrow :)

Hi i have just started too. (did LL before and lost 4 1/2 stone and got the much hoped for miracle baby) ... off I go again 6 years later. Feeling okay. Drinking lots of water to stop the day 3 headaches hopefully.

Be nice to have some company and support. 'thisisme' fab first week weight loss...

I've got a LL baby too! My second child! Overweight when trying to conceive my first and it took over a year! Lost 51 lbs on LL and got pregnant the first month we tried! Lost 35lbs after my second baby in 2009 but have put most of that on again in the last year so here we are!!! Good luck x

Hi All, good luck to those of you just starting, I can't believe I started this thread 4 weeks ago - the time seems to have flown by, hopefully you will all feel like that too. I'm in week 5 now and have lost exactly 2 stone. I felt so good stepping on the scales at my weight in and seeing how far the numbers have dropped in such a short space of time. My CDC has told me to expect my losses to be around 3lbs a week from now on, that's still fab in my eyes so i'll be really happy with that. I seem to have forgotten all about 'normal' food now. It doesn't even bother me seeing my family eating meals etc, I'm in the zone now and am starting to get my shape back so people are noticing more that i'm losing weight.

Stick at it - the feeling of being a few weeks in and still seeing the scales drop so quickly is massively motivating!

Hi thisisme, how are you getting on? I'm in week 8 and like you not tempted by the food around me and I'm sticking to plan over Xmas :)

Hope you are still going well, your losses are great!

Back