week one weigh in...

Helcatt

And I'll add food diary, and knowing me, there will be a fair bit of rambling

Anyway, week one complete. On the whole, went really well, there were a few minor blips but even on the days that I went over the calorie allowance, it was minimal! Definitely not shovelling in the amount of crap I was before

My stomach is more used to the small amounts already, only really feeling hungry when it is coming up to the next meal or snack, not like the first day where I could have cried!

So, first hurdle over, started and completed the first week, now to sustain......

Yesterday the scales were flickering, so I thought it might be an extra lb off, but am not going to complain at a 4 lb loss for my first week

I have my targets broken down in to mini targets,.so 8 lb to go to get to my first one!

I am pleased, really pleased but am just mindful as I know me, know what I can be like, and need to keep myself on the straight and narrow

Hx

4lb!! fantastic well done!!!

I'm having my "bad" week this week - usually i would cram my face with loads of bad food but I'm allowing myself a couple of things that I am craving so I don't tip over the edge.

keep going!

i82

Thank you.

Today has been really hard, but have only gone over by 8 calories, do think that's acceptable. Hee hee

So wanted to buy a big pack of granola nut breakfast from Tesco, and nearly did. I went back twice. But I knew that if I bought it, I would have a FULL bowl but try to justify it a being good for you and ignore the massive portion side of things.

Don't think I have ever tried to stick to something so completely before

I am struggling with the 'habit' side of things. I am used to sitting and munching, mid afternoon, or late evening, so it feels very strange not to. I keep walking around trying to occupy myself. Been playing on the wii a lot, to keep my hands busy.

Hx

Helcatt said:
And I'll add food diary, and knowing me, there will be a fair bit of rambling

Anyway, week one complete. On the whole, went really well, there were a few minor blips but even on the days that I went over the calorie allowance, it was minimal! Definitely not shovelling in the amount of crap I was before

My stomach is more used to the small amounts already, only really feeling hungry when it is coming up to the next meal or snack, not like the first day where I could have cried!

So, first hurdle over, started and completed the first week, now to sustain......

Yesterday the scales were flickering, so I thought it might be an extra lb off, but am not going to complain at a 4 lb loss for my first week

I have my targets broken down in to mini targets,.so 8 lb to go to get to my first one!

I am pleased, really pleased but am just mindful as I know me, know what I can be like, and need to keep myself on the straight and narrow

Hx

4lbs that's fantastic we'll done

You won't believe how quickly you get used to the portion sizes - i actually feel full in the evenings now and it's only been 3 weeks. I think the increase in liquids has also really helped me feel full and satisfied.

For the most part, today has gone well.

Chocolate granola and a banana
Chicken and thyme soup, slice of toast and raspberries with low fat vanilla yoghurt (yoghurt was my naughty today)
Oat bar with raspberry and blackcurrent. I think
Chicken curry planned for tonight, with broccoli

going over calorie count because of the yoghurt, but it was lovely. Started to feel guilty about it and then thought 'actually no, I'm still eating way less than I was, drinking less alcohol, more water, more fruit etc etc' so refuse to feel guilty

And sneaky weigh in this morning showed another 2 lb off. Must stop doing that! Will take a while to get putt if the habit and if there us a gain, it gives new more resolve to stick to it properly. Not that there has been an issue do far on diet chef

I still weigh in most mornings, just to stay on track. So if I have dropped 1/2 lb or something it motivates me, and if I'm static it also motivates me! I think there's no problem in weighing daily so long as you don't get disheartened with fluctuations. I even track weight daily on an excel sheet, and this has been interesting to see weeks when I bloat and retain weight due to hormones. So then when the next month rolls around I don't freak out when I stall again! It's been useful to get to know my body more.

Good point about knowing your body and knowing when there might be bloating and water retention etc

I still feel full so my body its getting used to lower levels if good, otherwise the over indulgence today would not have kept me full for so long

dh pointed out this evening how much we will be saving on takeaways as well, with me sticking to this diet.

All good

Hx

Cinnamon and apple porridge this morning. Yummy! And I didn't need to add fruit a well, so saving that invade I get hungry mid morning. Previously, I have been hungry still, so had to have fruit with breakfast

Making progress

Hx

Another good day. I've not been feeling starving, at any point, which is so much progress!

And under calorie in take too. Am a bit tempted to treat myself with a vodka and diet coke, not had any alcohol for nearly two Weeks! Which, considering we seem to have a beer or two most evenings, that is really good too

Hx

Had one vodka, and came in at 1220 for the day. And when I measured it out, it was bigger than I would normally have had!

Much easier than yesterday, ups and downs but keeping going! Hopefully this weekend will be busier so easier, but if I'm out shopping with a friend on Sunday, might be hard to sort a good good choice. Will see

Hx

Well done Helcatt. You are on the right track and deserve good results! Today's weigh-in day for me and surprisingly I lost 2lb despite being away for a couple of days this week on business. So I'm pleased with that. I am away for 3 days next week so even tougher to stay on track but I'll do my best. I will pop to the gym later on to try to assist with next week's loss!

I also have to carry on with sorting out some more clothes - the charity shop has benefitted from 4 full bags so far!

Have a good weekend everyone.

the breakfast today was a bit meagre, to say the least. So I had a banana with it

Am just starting to feel hungry now, so will get on with lunch soon. I am trying to keep busy, updating paperwork for work. Got a bit behind so have some serious catching up to do and as I'm self employed, just have to keep plodding on til its done. Not something I am very good at walking away from. I guess, once I have it how/where I want it to be, it will be easier to switch off at the weekends.

So that is my plan for the day. DD2 has asked to go swimming, which I might do tomorrow morning. Hate getting in to my costume at the moment, even with all the tummy support etc built in, but if I psych myself up for it........

Have a good weekend everyone

Hx

Meeting a friend today, shopping and out usually involves food, so this could be hard

I had porridge with cacao for breakfast and have a banana and a snack bar in my bag to help keep me going. I'll just have to be careful what I choose and not stress. I've done well so far and a small blow out will not effect the overall improvement too much

And I have until weds to get rid of any gains, as don't weigh in until then.

Planning a swim on Tuesday

Been invited to a wedding in July, good excuse for a lush new outfit! Not bought anything this year, too depressed by what I saw I'm the mirror, but saved me money as I do spend too much on clothes generally

Glad I found the pic for my avatar, use him on other forums too. Tempted to have him tattooed somewhere.

I am even considering more tattoos! Been talking for ages but not had confidence to get flesh out on show, maybe this will do it, finally

Feeling really positive this week, just wait til I hit the barrier in 5 lbs time, always generally given up there, in the past, the one time I got past it, fell pg and are like two pigs rather than one

But I am determined to get through it this time and am trying not to look at the negative. Hard a its in my nature to see a half empty glass

Yesterday was not a great day. I had a nice day out and wasn't a good as I could have been, but equally, not as bad.

Came home to the news that a beloved uncle had died, we only visited them two Weeks ago at Easter. So glad we did. So anyway, had a few beers and a rant about the injustices of the world last night. But back to the plan today.

And will just have a break for the wake then carry on.

Helcatt, sorry to hear about your uncle but glad you got a chance to see him recently. As my mum always told me as a kid "life isn't fair" (usually when I'd be moaning about it wasn't fair I had to do some chores around the house). As I've grown older, I realised she was right of course. That doesn't make it better or easier though.

So life is what you make it - and I'm determined I'm going to live mine as a slim person rather than an overweight one. Doesn't mean you have to stop living to do it and I intend to carry on eating (some) chocolate :)

Thanks for your reply!

Have been doing well, food wise was 3 calories over yesterday, but I then did have a vodka and diet coke in the evening. Oh well

So, the lb that was gained over the weekend had been lost, so very pleased.

I think I might not get the breakfast bars in future. I find then very sweet and don't really enjoy them in the way I do the granola and the porridge. Also, psychologically, it doesn't seem so much.

Will try a few more and see

Back