Weekend Away - scared of losing control!

Nini74

Can someone please inspire me to keep control of things on my weekend away this weekend (which is already including a sunday lunch at a posh nosh restaurant where everything on offer is not SW, and the closest thing to free/super free food is the celery and apple with the ploughmans (at which i would just have to eat the cheese, bread and chutney!). I just need a little kick up my rear end to re-assure me that if i stick to plan either side of the weekend, i can minimise loss, so that i won't go and completely blow everything by thinking i'll have a bad week anyway. i'm sure i can do it, and can make the sensible choices (other than lunch - i checked the menu) and maybe, just maybe, get that 1lb off to make it to my half stone award. Anyone got any tips or inspirations for me????

Control what up I can control, enjoy what you can't!

Stick to plan 100% before and after your weekend away.

Avoid the bread basket.

Drink water, tea, coffee or diet coke most of the time.

Choose carefully at breakfast.

If you do gain in the two days it should come off quickly once you are back on plan.

Good luck

Just pick the best option on the menu. Do they have salads, or a roast with loads of veggies, tomato based pasta, jacket spuds ?

just go for the best options. or just do what you would do! how often do you have a weekend away?

birthdays, celebrations etc i just do what i want an get back on track the day after ;)

Can someone please inspire me to keep control of things on my weekend away this weekend (which is already including a sunday lunch at a posh nosh restaurant where everything on offer is not SW, and the closest thing to free/super free food is the celery and apple with the ploughmans (at which i would just have to eat the cheese, bread and chutney!). I just need a little kick up my rear end to re-assure me that if i stick to plan either side of the weekend, i can minimise loss, so that i won't go and completely blow everything by thinking i'll have a bad week anyway. i'm sure i can do it, and can make the sensible choices (other than lunch - i checked the menu) and maybe, just maybe, get that 1lb off to make it to my half stone award. Anyone got any tips or inspirations for me????

Hi hunni, I was away for last bank holiday weekend and was dreading eating out too - luckily I planned meals and snacks to take with me so that I could keep on track with the rest of my meals. I would definitely advise to try and stick to plan for breakfast/dinners but when you go out for lunch just enjoy yourself. Try to make sensible decisions with the menu (ask to not be cooked in oil, sauce/dressings on the side, swap alcoholic drinks for diet soda etc) but other than that, enjoy yourself! One meal won't undue months of hard work.
One thing I would say is don't think "well i've buggered today up, so I may as well have this too..." just think of the following day as a whole new day and get straight back on track :) xx

Back