Weekend away

OpalLilyEats

Gold Member
I would love a little bit of help folks!

It's a public holiday here tomorrow so we get a treat of a long weekend :)
I'm heading away this evening until Sunday with my family up to an apartment they own. There isn't many shops nearby and we'll probably eat out a couple of evenings so I'll just make sure I pick as SW friendly things as I can.

I don't want to arrive laden with bags of my own groceries but would like to make a quick stop at Tesco on the way home to pick up a couple of bits and pieces to help me keep on track as much as possible over the weekend for breakfasts/lunches/snacks.

Can anyone make any suggestions for things to bring to keep me on track?

Thanks xxx

For lunches, I have recently discovered a few low-syn ready made salads from Tesco. I mentioned them at group on Tuesday, and everyone seemed really interested because they're ideal for lunches, picnics, trips to the beach, etc.

These are in the fridges with the pre-packed sandwiches. I'll list them below with their Extra Easy Syn value, hope this helps :)

Chilli Chicken Noodle Salad, 3.5 Syns
Moroccan chicken cous cous salad, 5 Syns
Chicken and hoi sin noodle salad, 5 Syns

That's really helpful for lunch on the go at work when I've not had time to prepare something! I can get a bit fed up of subway salads over and over... The chilli noodle one sounds delish!

I've made a shopping list for the weekend;

Veg - mushrooms, baking potatoes, crudites like carrot sticks, celery etc.
Fruit - grapes, berries, apples, melon
FF yoghurts
Lighter choice sausages
Baked beans
WM bread
SF Cordial
Alpen lights/chewy delight bars

Hopefully that isn't loads to turn up with but enough to provide some choice and help me stay on plan for breakfast/lunches! I'd imagine things like cheese, SS milk etc are already up there along with bacon and some meat, salad etc.

Going to blitz a portion of roasted red pepper hummus before I go too which everyone can enjoy and help me stay on track!

Fingers crossed!!

Back