Weekend loser - these are my tips what are yours?

Rod the Bass

The Outlaw Torn
Every time I have tried to diet in the past, the weekend scuppers me. I have now given up booze and find this helps an amazing amount

Generally I find that weekends are the nemesis, I don't think I could handle them without some sort of let up. But a controlled let-up, not frenzy!

I set myself the challenge of either losing weight or maintaining across the weekend - this is hard, but no-one said losing six stone was gonna be easy did they?

I hope the list below helps and I would be grateful if anyone could add some tips for a successful weekend to the thread?

Tips I have for staring down the weekend are;

1) Weigh on friday morning - hopefully you've had a good week and that will reinforce your resolve to not undo all that hard work
2) Grilled trimmed bacon and dry-fried or poached egg with a piece of toast works wonders on saturday morning
3) Munch carrots constantly, I even carry a sack of them in the car with a veg peeler, instant snack and I like them better than fruit
4) Get on the wagon - if you drink booze, your willpower will dissolve
5) Keep busy - plan your weekend, including walks (runs if you do them) on saturday night!
6) Go to bed early - the longer you stay up, the more you will think about the fridge
7) Learn to cook healthy alternatives of your favourite takeways
8) Aim to lose a pound between your friday weigh-in and your monday weigh-in
9) Give yourself a break with a mini treat - funsize mars etc
10) Remember you are only human and if you do wobble, it's not the end of the world and you haven't undone it all, just stepped off the track for a second. Get back on it!

good luck :D:greenapple:

All good ideas! here are a couple from me.

Drink water...as in water, not diet drinks or flavored water, as in from the tap! its zero calories, zero carbs, zero fat, fills you up, stops you retaining water, is good for your skin, and almost free!

Studies show that those people who drink more water, lose more weight and keep it off more successfully. Drinking Water Proven to Help Weight Loss : Discovery News

X

All good ideas! here are a couple from me.

Drink water...as in water, not diet drinks or flavored water, as in from the tap! its zero calories, zero carbs, zero fat, fills you up, stops you retaining water, is good for your skin, and almost free!

Studies show that those people who drink more water, lose more weight and keep it off more successfully. Drinking Water Proven to Help Weight Loss : Discovery News

X

thanks, easy to forget, I consume at least 2 litres a day, so that must help!

I love number 2, 9, and 10. Number 6 is the most challenging for me. It's the only day in the week that my family gets to spend more time together. We're all busy during the rest of the week. The kids have to go to school and I need to go to work so we usually sleep early.

These are great thank you! - taken on board definitely

My problem is there is always something going on at the weekend - I can be as regimented as I like on the weekdays but Saturday night always ruins it for me.

This month i'm on a challenge to let things like that not stop me - so if I wobble, don't wobble for 3 days but instead have the "cheat" and then get straight back on it to minimise the damage!

Hoping that'll work - I guess it's better than dieting like a madwoman for 4 days and then eating everything in sight for the next 4!

I stayed the same through another weekend and now looking to improve towards my first first goal, 2 stone down

1lb to go!

I always fall over at the weekend. I'm going to try really hard to stay focused this time.

weighed this morning, lost 3 lbs this week, nothing like a saturday weigh-in to focus the mind!

Do you REALLY want to undo all that hard work?

I dont!

Well done mate. You are so right about the weekends, they are my worst times. Weekdays are so much easier as in the office its so busy I don't have much time to worry about food. Weekends i would spend thinking about my next meal or my next snack.
I actually sat down last night and listed what i would eat on a bad weekend, worked out the calories and fat etc. It was horrific!! I stopped counting when it reached 10,000 calories and 447g fat!! Thats just 2 days!
It makes me sick to think about it.

Well done mate. You are so right about the weekends, they are my worst times. Weekdays are so much easier as in the office its so busy I don't have much time to worry about food. Weekends i would spend thinking about my next meal or my next snack.
I actually sat down last night and listed what i would eat on a bad weekend, worked out the calories and fat etc. It was horrific!! I stopped counting when it reached 10,000 calories and 447g fat!! Thats just 2 days!
It makes me sick to think about it.

I've never even been brave enough to think about doing that, but I could no doubt meet or exceed that count easily in a different life

best of luck with the weekend, a big smile on Monday on the scales will make it worthwhile eh?

Have you tried 'food doctor multiseed pitta bread'? They are lovely. Used to eat them for breakfast when i last my weight.
Had one warmed in the toaster with 2 boiled eggs for breakfast today.
Taken your advice and climbed on the wagon. Haven't had any alcohol since last friday and drank at least 2 litres of water a day.
Went for a walk and a bike ride yesterday. Would have been out longer but for the blooming weather. Pouring down again this morning.
Have a good weekend and good luck for tomorrow morning.

well done Slim

boozing has so many calories and it doesn't even fill you up

keep checking in, your'e on the jazz now

I totally agree, weekends are my nemesis....If I drink loads I dont eat for a couple days but binge on a monday....If I stay in, I get really depressed at being the only person staying in amongst my friends....HATE WEIGHT LOVE FOOD Grrrrrrr! x

well I did what I like to do, 1lb lost over the weekend

the only way to cope with weekends is to kill 'em!!

Well done mate. Seems less of an uphill battle when you've managed to lose at the weekend.
Cycled to work and back today. Only 3 miles but uphill all the way home. Jelly legs when i got in.

brilliant well done Slim

you are so gonna lose that ten stone amigo

keep up the good work and keep posting!!

just to spur anyone on, the benefit of doing your best at the weekend cannot be underestimated

I had a straight weekend just gone, result is I've lost three pounds since friday and six since last monday - so well worth it!! the metabolism just keeps on trucking if you don't clag it up!

I've done plenty of exercise for sure, but thats all part of it!

Back