Weekly Food diary

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Lelebon, 22 February 2010 Social URL.

1. Lelebon

Lelebon Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.43%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world, but not attending classes.
    Hi, This is my 1st ever thread,:newbie: i have recently started slimming world diet, once again, however cant really afford to join the classes. Im one of those people who gets bored easily with the same foods, so i have dusted off my saucy secrets book and prepared a fantastic menu plan each week for the last 5 or so weeks,(since 11/01/2010) So far so good, i have lost 9lbs :scale:and my partner (who doesnt need to loose weight) enjoys the meals too:candledinner:. I wanted to post a weekly menu that i found was easy and very tasty. the good thing was my boyfriend and i ate the same thing, no need to cook two different things!!! any way, i hope this helps and would love you to try it out. all the recepies are ment to serve 4 people *cringe* i ate half of them. :gimi: but as the syn values are so low it doesnt matter, i have found not only do i have more energy, my skin is also very clear after folowing this week, due to all the fresh veg and fruit. let me know what you think
    I have also added a shopping list at the bottom of page if anyone wants to follow it presise :checkmark:. (not everyday have the whole 10syns so you can even eat more :drool:)

PLEASE TRY THE RECEPIES, THEY ARE DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me know what you think, Thanks for reading this.
    :thankyou:

Day 1: (RED DAY)

Breakfast: 2 weetabix and semi skimmed milk, bannana, cup of tea
    Lunch: Ham salad sandwich: (3 slices of nimble with ham and lettuce(and boiled egg if you want) between.NO BUTTER!) Mullerlight yoghurt, Apple, 2 Finger kitkat
    Dinner: BBQ Chicken cheese melt and fresh veg: (wrap chicken breast in bacon and wrap that in foil and bake in oven for 40 mins at 180 degrees. when cooked open out and put in a roasting dish and cover with the bbq sauce(recepie to follow) and grate 28oz of cheese on the top and place under the grill until melted. serve with boiled fresh veg (can use some potato as 6 syns if weighed out)
    Snacks: Mullerlight yoghurts, fruit, free foods...(free as in syn free, not £ free)

DAY 2: (GREEN DAY)

Lunch: Jacket Potato and beans, cotage cheese and salad, mullerlight yoghurt, apple, 2 finger kitkat
    Dinner: Lasagne, chips and salad (recepie to follow)
    Snacks: 2 alpen light bars, mange tout, mullerlight yoghurt, fruit, any free foods

DAY 3: (RED DAY)

Lunch: Chicken and boiled egg salad, nice salad like lettuce, beetroot, tomato, peppers etc. mullerlight yoghurt, apple, 2 finger kitkat
    Dinner: Salmon in parsley sauce,veg and new potato's. Wrap salmon in foil and bake in oven for 25mins at 180 degrees. Once donetake skin off salmon and put on plate, pour the sauce over fish and veg (recepie to follow).
    Snacks: mullerlight yoghurt, fruit, any free foods

DAY 4: (GREEN DAY)

Breakfast: 2 weetabix, semi skimmed milk, bannana, cup of tea
    Lunch: Pasta in a tomato and chilli sauce (recepie to follow)
    Dinner: Sweet and sour (Quarn) chicken,chips and rice (recepie to follow)Snacks: 2 Alpen light bars, Mange Tout, Mullerlight yoghurt, fruit, any free foods

DAY 5: (RED DAY)

Breakfast: 2 weetabix, semi skimmed milk, bannana, cup of tea
    Lunch: Ham salad sandwich: (3 slices of nimble with ham and lettuce(and boiled egg if you want) between.NO BUTTER!) Mullerlight yoghurt, Apple, 2 Finger kitkat
    Dinner: Beef Stirfry, with noodles in a cantonese sauce,: Fry beef in fry light, add pepper stirfry veg pack, and noodles, then mix in the sauce when cooked through (recepie to follow)
    Snacks: Mullerlight yoghurt, fruit, any free foods

DAY 6: (GREEN DAY)

Breakfast: Mushroom, cheese, ham and spring onion omelate (cooked in fry light)
    Lunch: Pasta in Mushroom and garlic sauce (recepie to follow)
    Dinner: Bangers and mash: Quarn sausages, mash potato with peas and onion gravy (recepie to follow)
    Snacks: 2 Alpen light bars, Mullerlight yoghurt, fruit, any free foods

DAY 7: (GREEN DAY)

Breakfast: Full breakfast: fried egg, tomato, beans, quarn sausages, mushrooms, nimble toast x3 potato slices-cooked in oven (all cooked in fry light if need oil)
    Lunch: (if you need lunch) jacket potato, beans, cottage cheese and salad, mullerlight yoghurt, 2 finger kitkat
    Dinner: Chicken roast dinner. Chicken breast, parsnips, peas, mash, roasties, broccoli, carrots, yorkshire pudding, onion gravy (recepie to follow) (all cooked in fry light if need oil)
    Snacks: do you really need snacks today??? Mullerlight yoghurt, fruit, syn free chips.

Recepies:

BBQ CHICKEN - free

You Need:

Fry light
    1 Onion, peeled and roughly chopped
    1 tsp mild chilli powder
    227ml/8fl oz passata
    3 tbsp sweetner
    4 tbsp vinegar
    1 tbsp worchester sauce
    1/2 tsp mustard powder
    salt and pepper

1. Spray a pan with frylight and sate the onion and chilli powder over a low heat for 5 mins until softened

2. stir in the remaining ingredients, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 mins until thickened. check the seasoning before serving hot or cold.

3.(optional) i find it was nice mushed down slightly in a food processor, but optional

LASAGNE - free

You need:

2 onions, peeled and chopped
    2 Garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
    2 carrots, peeled and diced
    568ml/1pt beef stock
    1 pack of quorn mince
    400g can chopped tomatoes
    1 level tbsp tomato puree
    basil
    thyme
    oregano
    salt and pepper
    1/2 tsp sweetner
    Pack of skwartz cheese sauce mix (for the lasagne white sauce bit) (6syns)

1. Place the onions, garlic, carrots, and half the stock in a pan. Bring to the boil, cover and cook for 10 mins.

2. Add the Quorn mince and cook until browned, add remaining stock, chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, herbs, seasoning and sweetner. bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20 mins. add salt and pepper to taste.

3. Layer the lasagne sheets, cheese sauce and mince alternatively. cook in oven for about 40 mins
    PARSLEY SAUCE - 1 1/2 syns per serving

You need:

2 level tsp cornflour
    142ml/1/4pt skimmed milk
    142ml/1/4pt vegetable stock
    113g/4oz very low fat natural fromage frais
    4tbsp parsley
    salt and pepper
    1. Blend the cornflour with a little of the milk. place in a panwith the remaining milk, add the veg stock and bring to the boilstirring all the time. reduce heat and simmer, stirring continuously until thick.

2.Pour in the fromage frais and parsley and gently heat through(do not boil or the fromage gfrais will curdle) season to taste
    TOMATO and CHILLI SAUCE - free

You need:

454g/1lb plum tomatoes
    1 red onion, peeled and roughly chopped
    1 red pepper, de-seeded and cut into chunks
    2 garlic cloves, Un peeled
    1 red chilli, halved and de-seeded
    fry light
    142ml/1/4 pt chicken stock (made with bovril)
    salt and pepper
    1.pre-heatovento 220degrees. toss together thetomatoes, onion, red pepper, garlic and chilli in a large roasting tin. spray with fry light and roast for 25 mins

2. remove from oven and squeese the garlic cloves out of their skins, mix in with the veg and put in a pan

3. Pour in the chicken stock and use a food processor to mix it together to make a sauce

SWEET SOUR SAUCE - 1 1/2 syns per serving

You need:

113g/4oz canned pineapple chunks in juice
    5tbsp chicken stock made with bovril
    2tbsp soy sauce
    1tbsp wine vinegar
    4tbsp orange juice
    1tsp sweetner
    1 level tbsp tomato puree
    2 level tsp cornflour
    salt and pepper

1. Drain the pineapple reserving the juice and then put the juice in a pan with the stock, soy sauce, vinegar, orange juice, sweetner and tomato puree.

2. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 mins, mix the cornflour with 2tsp water until smooth and stir into the sauce, heat gently until thickened and remove from the heat.

3. Cut the pineapple into smaller pieces and stir into the sauce, season to taste
    CANTONESE SAUCE - 2 syns per serving

You Need:

Fry light
    1 red pepper, de-seeded and cut into chunks
    1 onion, peeled and cut into chunks
    142g/5oz baby sweetcorn, cut into quarters
    1tsp mild chilli powder
    1 tsp each minced garlic and ginger
    255ml/9fl oz chicken stock made with bovril
    198ml/7fl oz unsweetened pineapple juice (i used orange juice)
    1 level tbsp cornflour
    113g/4oz fresh pineapple cut into small chunks
    salt and pepper

1. spray pan with fry light and heat up, fry red pepper, onion, and baby sweetcorn for 5 mins until slightly softened

2. add chill powder, garlic, ginger and fry for 3-4 mins. pour over the stock and pineapple juice, bring to the boil then reduce heat and simmer for 8-10 mins

3. mix the cornflour to a paste with 1 tbsp water and stir into the sauce and heat, stirring continuously until thickened. remove from heat and stir in the pineapple chunks, season to taste
    GARLIC AND MUSHROOM SAUCE - 1/2 syn per serving

You need:

10 cloves of garlic
    fry light
    340g/12oz button mushrooms, chopped
    113ml/4fl oz chicken stock made with bovril
    4 tbsp buttermilk
    4 tbsp parsley

1. pre-heat oven to 180 degrees. place the garlic (unpeeled) on a baking sheet, spray with fry light and bake for 15 mins or until softened. remove from the oven and gently squeeze the cloves out of skins.

2. Heat a pan sprayed with fry light add the mushrooms and fry until tender, stir in the chicken stock bring to the boil and cook for 1-2 mins

3. Allow to cool a little. pour in the buttermilk and parsley and blend until nearly smooth, heat before serving.
    ONION GRAVY - 1 syn per serving

You need:

Fry light
    2 red onions,peeled and cut into wedges
    1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
    426ml/3/4 pt chicken stock made with bovril
    1 level tbsp cornflour
    1. spray a pan with fry light and cook the onions and garlic until soft

2. add chicken stock and continue to cook for 10 mins

3. mix he cornflour with a dash of water to make a paste, add to the gravy, reduce the heat and simmer until the gravy thickens. serve immediately

SHOPPING LIST:
    (For recepies:)

Onion x 4
    Red onions x 2
    Garlic Cloves x 16 so about 3 garlic things
    Carrots x 2
    Mushrooms x 2 packs
    Ginger x mediun sized piece
    Baby sweetcorn x 1 piece
    Red chilli x 1
    Red pepper x 2
    Mild Chilli powder
    Basil
    Thyme
    Oregano
    Parsley
    Mustard powder
    Schkwartz cheese saucemix x 1
    Bovril - chicken x 1 and beef x 1
    Passatta x 1
    Can chopped tomatoes x 1
    Can of plum tomatoes x 1
    Can of pineapple pieces x 2
    Tomato puree
    Worchester sauce
    vinegar
    sweetner
    Salt and pepper
    Cornflour
    Soy sauce
    Orange squash
    Milk
    Fromage frais
    Butter milk

(General:)

Weetabix
    Bannana's
    Apple
    Ham
    Nimble
    Mullerlight yoghurts
    Kitkats
    Chicken
    Cheese
    Bacon
    Veg-Broccoli, carrots, etc
    New potato
    Jacket potato
    Beans
    Cottage cheese
    Salad
    Lasagne sheets
    Potato
    Alpen light bars
    Eggs
    Salmon
    Pasta
    Quorn pieces
    Quorn mince
    Beef
    Fry light
    Noodles - dried
    Pepper stir fry mix
    Quorn sausages
    Tomato
    parsnips
    peas

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. tinkerbellsmum

tinkerbellsmum Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating
    wd hun 9lbs is amazing
    and thank you u have just made my life so much easier next week gonna follow it next week

4. funcurls

funcurls Never gets tired of SW!

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well done Lelebon on your loss and the food diary looks great- thanks for the recipes too- some great ideas there! The more inspiration I can get the better! I must invest in the saucy secrets book- I've been meaning to for a while and I think it will make life so much easier!X

5. Lelebon

Lelebon Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.43%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world, but not attending classes.
    Thanken you funcurls and tinkerbellsmum,
    I really hope you like the recepies, spesh try the bbq sauce-its awesome.:drool:
    I know the shopping list is quite daunting too...however i shop weekly and my shopping bill this week is £15!!! as i only need the basics like chicken, natural yogurt and fruit etc. so once you have all the stuff on that list it really lasts ages!!:clap:
    im so excited, hehe, first time ive done this so please let me know if its any good and ill get some more recepies up. :peep:

if you can get hands on that book i would def reccomend it, but also if you want a sauce then let me know and ill check the book for you.

oh, and made the red onion sauce yesterday for my MASSIVE green day roast.....one suggestion....dont use red onions, use normal ones...it doesnt dye your chicken or mash.

Keep posting BYE XXXX:grouphugg:

6. Becca Wecca

Becca Wecca skinny minny here I come!

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've printed this page out. so will def try some of your recipies for this week!! thanks :)

7. Debs154

Debs154 Trying again!!

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Great weight loss and thanks for the menu and recipies - will def be trying some of the sauces!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.