Weigh in day - do you eat before WI?

I get weighed at half 7 also but I wait to after for dinner... It also means I really enjoy my dinner if I've lost a 1lb or 2 :)

I normally wait until after WI before I eat my dinner. However, with a 7.30pm class I was starving by the time I got home at 9pm. My consultant has two groups, so I've now switched to the earlier one at 5.30pm and I can then eat at a more civilised time.
Going back to the original question though, I eat a normal breakfast, a light lunch and then don't have anything from about 2pm until I weigh in at 5.30pm. Am sure SW would say that I could eat/drink right up until I weigh, but I try to give myself every advantage to have a loss!!
Good luck with your weigh in tonight!

Most people tend to try and do a similar routine each week. Me personally, I wait until after I've been weighed in for my food purely because I see it as being a truer representation of my weight if it's not full of heavy foods. I also try and limit the amount I drink during the day time as well so I'm not full of water by the time weigh in comes. But I think the most important thing is that you try to do something very similar each week. At least then you know you are going to get a more accurate reading for your weight.

I eat and drink as normal on weigh in day. I WI at 7.30 but my group is just around the corner so I have time to have a quick dinner (usually a stir fry or something) between putting the kids to bed and weighing in. I know some people restrict what they eat on on WI day but I couldn't do that. Not only would I be beyond starving if I didn't eat dinner until after group had finished at 9.00 but to me, not following the plan properly for 1 day a week doesn't make sense. And because I'm doing the same thing every week, I can be confident that any losses on the scale are a true reflection of what I've lost.

Last edited:
I eat and drink as normal on weigh in day. I WI at 7.30 but my group is just around the corner so I have time to have a quick dinner (usually a stir fry or something) between putting the kids to bed and weighing in. I know some people restrict what they eat on on WI day but I couldn't do that. Not only would I be beyond starving if I didn't eat dinner until after grop had finished at 9.00 but to me, not following the plan properly for 1 day a week doesn't make sense. And because I'm doing the same thing every week, I can be confident that any losses on the scale are a true reflection of what I've lost.

Thanks that really helped me :) im just going to eat dinner as normal as i would do each day! So have dinner around 6 :) as last time i did slimming world i didnt and would eat extra even just as silly as a extra hi fi bar but i wouldn't count it and ultimately it was extra syns i shouldn't have had :)

Hopefully tomorrow i get a loss :)

Thanks that really helped me :) im just going to eat dinner as normal as i would do each day! So have dinner around 6 :) as last time i did slimming world i didnt and would eat extra even just as silly as a extra hi fi bar but i wouldn't count it and ultimately it was extra syns i shouldn't have had :)

Hopefully tomorrow i get a loss :)

Good luck! :)

I always try to eat normally on WI day. I have my normal breakfast with a bunch of fruit and a huge mug of tea. I try to have my dinner at least 3 hours before WI and maybe a yogurt. I try to have a light dinner so maybe poached eggs on toast with a salad. Its important to do the same each week so that it still shows results on the scales. I wouldnt eat at 4 for a WI at 5 kind of thing, a bit too close for my liking ;)

It's my first weigh in tonight too and like you, am not really sure what to do! I have a 7.30pm class as well and will be starving otherwise! I think it probably doesn't really matter in the long run as long as you do the same thing each week. Weighing in similar clothes each week is also something I am trying to do. Gahhh so nervous for tonight! Good luck with you weigh in!

It's my first weigh in tonight too and like you, am not really sure what to do! I have a 7.30pm class as well and will be starving otherwise! I think it probably doesn't really matter in the long run as long as you do the same thing each week. Weighing in similar clothes each week is also something I am trying to do. Gahhh so nervous for tonight! Good luck with you weigh in!

Goodluck Becky do you have a diary ill pop over since we started similar times be nice to follow :) My wi is tomorrow night and iv decided im defiantly having dinner before i go as i don't want to be starving and don't like eating so late at around 9ish when im finished!!x

It doesnt matter which way you do it but a true reading will only happen if you do the same from one week to the next.

Good luck whatever you decide

Good luck with your weigh ins :)

I also weigh in at 7.30. I usually have a normal breakfast and lunch and then have a light dinner. I couldn't wait until after group for dinner, I'd be too hungry! I try to keep it similar each week.

Back