weigh-in STRESS

kimberleycandukan

Silver Member
First weigh-in is this wednesday at 5:30pm.
TWO MORE SLEEPS!!!

BUT I can't sleep because of it!!!

omg omg omg

If I haven't lost anything I will be mortified. And I will never go back again never ever ever.
This is soooo stressful.

The Dukan was impossible but I saw a 4lb loss in the first 4 days. This is killing me.

What if I put on!? Oh dear god!!!

First weigh-in is this wednesday at 5:30pm.
TWO MORE SLEEPS!!!

BUT If haven't lost anything I will be mortified. And I will never go back again never ever ever.

Well then I'm afraid you are setting yourself up for failure before you even begin because its pretty inevitable that we will all gain at some point in our journey even though we've been 100% on plan. That's just a fact of life hun. One of the secrets of successful slimmers is that they don't let one small setback knock them off their stride, they just climb back on the wagon and get on with it.

So why stress out over it? You do yourself no favours and stress can actually affect losses so you may just end up sabotaging yourself even more. What will happen if you don't lose? Well nothing awful basically, nobody dies, the world doesn't stop spinning, nobody laughs at you. You stay to image therapy and the consultant and group help you work out what the reasons might be. They support you by coming up with ideas for what you can do differently next week. But if you have followed the plan, why worry? You have done everything you can, and what will be will be :)

What she said!! (always listen to the Patchwork Puss because she always talks sense!!)

Do you honestly believe that you would be the only person in the history of SW to gain weight? Or not lose? Happens to everyone sooner or later. And if we all ran away when that happened, SW would have gone out of business years ago.

You do need to get a better perspective on things. The sky will not fall, the world will not come to an end, whatever happens. You will, however, make yourself ill if you carry on like this.

We're all frightened of failiure.
Especially when we've tried for the umpteenth time to lose weight and failed.
It's scary picking yourself up when you've had a bad week and trying again, going to group, and even worse, talking about it!
But that's what makes us brave for facing the fear, and doing it anyway. And it's making those changes that will give you success THIS time. Just follow the plan, because it's a great plan. It's just different from anything else you've tried before. Who knows what will happen on weigh - in day. If you're scared because you know hand on heart - you haven't followed the plan 100% and you don't lose weight - will it be deserved? If so, you need to be honest with yourself. Sometimes it takes a while to understand the plan, so give yourself the chance. The first few weeks are a massive learning curve.

Last edited:
Kimberly I think you are over thinking this. Particularly because you flagged this issue in an almost identical post a couple of days ago and we all said similar things. Each week will go very slloooooowly for you if there is genuinely this much angst.

Thanks everyone for all of your helpful and supportive advice. Only one more sleep!
Self sabotage occurs a lot in that I won't try and do something 100%, because if I still don't succeed- my best isn't good enough.

My battle between wanting to get on the scale at home and not wanting to go to weigh in is very oxymoronic. I'm just excited and nervous. Don't judge.

Definitely open to learning and developing which is why I started this in the first place. Can't say I'm not going to worry or over think because that's the way I was made but I'm going to give it a go at trying to be a little more easy going and positive about it all.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Hi. I was very much the same as you. But theres no need to be like it. As long as you stick to plan 100% you will succed. I was terrified the first week and when i weighed i lost 8 and a half pounds!! I was over the moon. 5 weeks on i have lost 20 pounds. Weigh in this morning..so hooefully some more off! Think positive and you will be fine. Good luck. Let us know how it goes. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Oh i hear ya! im at it 7 weeks and have only lost 6lbs! its getting me down but this last 2 weeks ive lost all motivation!

Oh i hear ya! im at it 7 weeks and have only lost 6lbs! its getting me down but this last 2 weeks ive lost all motivation!
I'm on week 15 and have lost 5lb. I seem to lose for a couple of weeks then put it all back on no matter how good I am. I daren't give up!! If I can gain weigh when I'm being good, I dread to think what would happen if I pigged out!!

I'm on week 15 and have lost 5lb. I seem to lose for a couple of weeks then put it all back on no matter how good I am. I daren't give up!! If I can gain weigh when I'm being good, I dread to think what would happen if I pigged out!!

oh goddd!!! One last sleep and you're scaring me!!!

I got weighed last night and lost 1lb (i dont know how as i was bad all weekend and it totm) so i got my half stone award!!! :) need to get motivated again tho

Thats good well done. Better than a gain. I weighed yesterday and lost 4 pounds. So 24 pounds in 6 weeks. Keep going and dont lose focus. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back