Weighing At Boots

Mets

Gold Member
Hi all

I'm new to SW and thinking about weighing in at Boots weekly. Does anyone else do this? I'm a shift worker so attending meetings is a bit of a pain for me. I've not signed up yet... planned to do this tonight and then weigh myself tomorrow morning.

So as long as I stick to say the scales at Boots it should be fairly accurate each week? I do have scales at home but i'm unsure how accurate they are! Do you know if Boots one's get calibrated?

Good point! I will, thank you x

Like cavegirl says, stick to one set of scales. A friend of mine on here, weighed herself on the scales at her local Boots and was horrified to see she was weighing 5lbs heavier than on the SW scales at the group meeting! :O Whatever you decide though, good luck. :)

Kathy

Lol, one girl weighed herself on her own scales but on different surfaces and they weighed differently.

Personally I like my old scales that were so old they told me I was 8 stone. :D I miss those ones.

Could you invest in a new set of home scales?

Different surfaces do weigh you differently, carpet v tiles. I go to group while the hubby stays at home with the kids and gets weighed and we have a certain 'weigh tile' on the kitchen floor that he puts the scales on each week lol xx

miataiblue I have a special "weigh tile" on my bathroom floor lol

Ha, I don't have a "weigh tile" but I do have an exact spot in the bedroom where the tiles go - I line them up with the lines on the laminate floor so I know they are in exactly the same place every time I weigh!

Thanks for the responses :) I chose to use my scales at home - I couldn't find them in Boots!

I think I was just in denial about how much my own scales were weighing me! I figure if stick to those ones, it'll still (hopefully) show a loss.

Day one complete yesterday and I have all my food planned out for today. So far, so good! x

Thanks for the responses :) I chose to use my scales at home - I couldn't find them in Boots!

I think I was just in denial about how much my own scales were weighing me! I figure if stick to those ones, it'll still (hopefully) show a loss.

Day one complete yesterday and I have all my food planned out for today. So far, so good! x

That first weigh-in can be really hard, I know it was for me. I was around 2st heavier than I'd thought! xx

Loving the fact that everyone seems to have a weigh tile/special spot on the floor :8855:

I also have a special spot on the floor... the top of the scales lines up with the bottom of my cabinet :D

When I lost weight calorie counting I weighed myself in Boots once a week. I found it really handy as you get a slip to keep. But then they were frequently out of order and eventually disappeared! They were the ones that measured body fat as well. So I used the other scales in Boots which weren't as good and they were constantly out of order too. It's a shame cause I liked weighing myself like that lol. So now I have my own scales but I'm always doubting them!

Back