Original Weighing In

chihuahualady

Hello!

I am new to Slimming World and the week just gone was my first on the 'lifestyle' (I like that it isn't a strict diet)
Today was my first weigh-in and I confused myself by doing two naughty things:

1/ I weighed myself last night
2/ After weighing myself first thing this morning, I did so again after eating my weetabix and fruit

So, last night I weighed 10st 4 1/2lbs (3 1/2lb loss)
This morning I weighed the same.
But after I ate, I weighed 10st 8lbs!? (back to my start weight).

So I got a little upset and didn't know which figure to trust. Can a bowl of weetabix with fat free yoghurt and fruit really add 3 1/2 lbs to you!?

Sorry if this is a daft question, promise I will weigh once on a Sunday morning in future!!!

Gem

First of all if you want to weigh once a week it must be on the sames scales each week. If you choose to weigh in the morning do so before eating or drinking. You will then get a better picture. If you eat very late then weigh in the morning you may weigh a little more than if you didn`t eat after evening meal.

You would usually weigh more in the evening than in the morning as your food is digesting during the night.

If you weigh before and after breakfast the weight should be different because the food is in your tummy when you weigh after.

SW say weigh once a week at the same time same scales. I do use same scales in the morning but I now weigh during the week too so I can keep an eye on how it is going. If not losing I do a couple of light days. Small breakfast, couple of pears for lunch and a small dinner, Not ideal but I have to do what I can to lose the weight. I have done this since 1st Jan and have lost each week except one when I did not weigh myself mid week because everybody says don`t.

Good luck.

I weighed myself before and after eating one day last week just to see how much difference it made, and it put about 4lb on me.

I do weigh myself during the week because I need an indication of how my week is going. I weigh in officially on Thursdays, and then I don't weigh myself until Monday evening (when I get in from work but before I eat, as that's the same time of day as when I get weighed at SW), and then I might do the same again on Tuesday and/or Wednesday at the same time of day.

My OH was driving me up the wall when we first started SW cos he kept weighing himself in the morning and wondering why he weighed so much less. I must have told him on 4 separate occasions that you weigh less in the morning than you do at night before he eventually believed me. :banghead:

I weigh only once a week, religiously, first thing in the morning on a Monday. Because I know from past experience that the fluctuating results I get in between just upset and confuse me and I could do without the stress lol.

I also prefer to take the long term view, I'll have a syn total for the week rather than by the day, for example, and while I was off SW and just trying to maintain I only weighed on the 1st of the month.

eating food does make you weigh heavier, try not to dwell on it, and try to not constantly weigh yourself as all kinds of things will affect it. best doing it once a week, same scales in the same place. :)

Thank you everyone :)

I will keep at it and hope for the same on Sunday morning! I am enjoying SW so far, made breadcrumbs for the first time on Saturday so I could have breaded chicken breasts with SW chips as a low syn weekend treat. Better than a Domino's xXx

Well done with all your culinary efforts! :D Sounds like you're really enthusiastic about it all and, I think, that's half the battle won. So glad you're enjoying it. Like FloralsandTea said, you even have to weigh in the same place. It's best on a hard floor too, as the pile in the carpet can, apparently, make the scales not quite so accurate.

Good luck.

Kathy

Back