weight and dress size

oasis6918

Gold Member
I'm really curious about peoples weight and dress size. I weigh heavy compared to my dress size and thought it may be interesting to see how people differ in weight. I feel so bad about my weight as it puts me at morbidly obese but I don't feel like that and no way will I ever except a size 18 as being overweight never mind obese.

I'm 5ft 4in, 17st 3lb's, size 18.

I often wonder the same thing. Compared to my weight, I expect to wear a size 20/22 but at 16st I wear a size 16/18.

I'm 12'13 and wear a size 14/16.

I hate to say it but I think clothes are big in England. Seriously. French clothes are much smaller. I weigh 9.13 and am a size 14 or 16. I can wear much smaller clothes bought back in Blighty.

I'm 5ft 4 and currently 10st 10lb and a 12 top and 14 bottom, I'm very pear shaped so actually look thinner than I am as all the weight on my thighs x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I hate to say it but I think clothes are big in England. Seriously. French clothes are much smaller. I weigh 9.13 and am a size 14 or 16. I can wear much smaller clothes bought back in Blighty.

Yeah I think you're right - clothes in Spain/Italy/Portugal always seem much smaller!

Blueway said:
Yeah I think you're right - clothes in Spain/Italy/Portugal always seem much smaller!

I was looking at a size chart online a couple of days ago and actually said uk medium equals euro large x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I am 15stone 7lbs, 5'6" and wear a size 14/16 x

I think it totally depends on how you carry your weight, also height etc etc

At my heaviest of 22 stone 5 lbs 5 weeks ago I was a size 26 and at my current weight of 20 stone 11 lbs I am a size 22, Em

I find it interesting how this differs so greatly from person to person.

at my heaviest I was 16s10lb, UK size 26 bottom / 22 top
lightest 10s5lb, 16 bottom / 12 top
Current 12st10lb, 18 bottom / 14-16 top

I have friends who are much heavier than me and yet can fit into smaller clothes.

I'm 5 ft 4 and when I started I was 16 st 3 1/2 and a size 18 top and 20 bottom. I'm now 10 st 1 and size 10. The interesting thing is that 15 years ago I was a size 10, but was nearly a stone lighter at 9 st 3. Not sure what this says about clothes sizes!

Back