• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

weight and the nhs

i think they offer health advice, witch is basically a cousellor who can help you with weight loss, I also believe that they offer a class similar to "weight watchers", if you need more advice or want to learn more about how the NHS treat those people in need of help with their weight, go to Lose weight - Live Well - NHS Choices

that is the NHS website that has all you will need to know about weight loss and eating healthy

Good luck in the future with your weight loss!
think they still refer u to the gym, some are free and some like half price. u need to be obese i think.
also diet pills

good luck
yes I heard you have to be over 300lbs and over 18years old to join their free classes as if you are over 300lbs you are classed as "obese" or "overweight - in need of help"...but you can always work out your own diet and exercise regime with the help and support of all the other people here on minimins!


technologically ignorant
You can get Xenical (fat blocker) and Reductil (appetite suppresant) on prescription from most GPs. They may also be able to provide counselling, nutritional advice, gym "prescription" and in some cases I think they will fund commercial diets (Lipotrim was an NHS diet to start with I think and I know that the NHS has funded Weight-to-go for some people). It can really vary depending on the practice you are with though so if your GP is useless see if there is another one you can go to that gives better options. Some PCTs may also have hospital based weight loss functions that offer the full range of options, I know one of the London ones does. Also I think surgery is getting much more available on the NHS in most areas but it is a bit of a post code lottery.

The problem is often that an individual GP may have a particular attitude about weight loss or treatment that might not be helpful. Some don't believe in the drugs and some just say you have to eat less whilst not really understanding all the practical and emotional problems this presents. I would ask your GP what that particular practice provides and if that doesn't really suit you contact your local PCT and see if there are any other options in your area.
xenical , gym refferals , and weight loss counselling , depends upon gp you see but if you dont like advice from one always see a second opinion x

Similar threads