Weight Gain and Exercise

Care Bear xxx

on a slimming mission!
Hello Lovelies,

This is my 1st post in over a year, I have now changed to Weight Watchers after losing 7 stone last year following slimming world, Ive managed to get another 2 stone off since March with weight watchers but now its slowing down again :(

My weight loss was starting to slow down to 0.5lbs - 1lbs per week so I thought that I should up my excercise and give my weight loss a boost - I didnt do any exercise at all before so thought it would help! i only weigh in ever 2 weeks due to work commitments and class times and I always weigh at home the morning before class, I got on the scales this morning, and not only have I not lost, Ive put on 1lb!!! and i really do stick to plan, I rarely use my weeklies and the last couple of weeks on average ive racked up about 26-30 extra activity points.... im dreading going to class tonight now :(

Where am i going wrong :( its kind of soul-destroying when youre hard work makes things worse rather than better :(

Does anyone else expereince this when theyve been exercising???

Any comments would be super helpful!

G xxxxx

Sometimes I find when I've done a lot of exercise I have water retention. You need to drink more water with retention so your body's not holding on to it.
Also sometimes when I used to weigh before class it would say I hadn't lost but when I'd get there is lost 3lbs.
Some people also get a big loss afternoon the 2nd week of upping exercise.
Don't worry too much until you get weighed at class your putting the work in so you will get the results.
Good luck
Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I agree with what's been said! Just remember if ur exercising and not eating weeklies this can lead to a gain as ur body isn't getting enough food!

Muscle weighs more than fat. I used to find if I exercised alot the weight loss would slow, but measure yourself I bet you are losing inches and that is what counts.

Hello Lovelies,

This is my 1st post in over a year, I have now changed to Weight Watchers after losing 7 stone last year following slimming world, Ive managed to get another 2 stone off since March with weight watchers but now its slowing down again :(

My weight loss was starting to slow down to 0.5lbs - 1lbs per week so I thought that I should up my excercise and give my weight loss a boost - I didnt do any exercise at all before so thought it would help! i only weigh in ever 2 weeks due to work commitments and class times and I always weigh at home the morning before class, I got on the scales this morning, and not only have I not lost, Ive put on 1lb!!! and i really do stick to plan, I rarely use my weeklies and the last couple of weeks on average ive racked up about 26-30 extra activity points.... im dreading going to class tonight now :(

Where am i going wrong :( its kind of soul-destroying when youre hard work makes things worse rather than better :(

Does anyone else expereince this when theyve been exercising???

Any comments would be super helpful!

G xxxxx

New exercise regimes can make your body play up weight wise for a bit and I think measuring the inches is a good idea too but I also think that if you are earning that many ap's and not eating weeklies you may not actually be eating enough and this could be causing your body to hold onto everything even more.
How did you get on at class? x

I put on 1/2 a lb at class on wednesday! :(
Thank you for all your comments - My leader isnt very helpful and just says that I "should" be losing weight so Im obviously doing something wrong (which is kind of upsetting!)
I will just keep on with the excercise as I know all in all its good for you - and just hope that my body catches up with my hard work :)
ps: I had a rather boozy weekend, so Ill see if it makes a difference this week as I definately used my AP's AND my weeklies :) was a good weekend indeed!

Thanks again, its much appreciated! xxxx

I put on 1/2 a lb at class on wednesday! :(
Thank you for all your comments - My leader isnt very helpful and just says that I "should" be losing weight so Im obviously doing something wrong (which is kind of upsetting!)
I will just keep on with the excercise as I know all in all its good for you - and just hope that my body catches up with my hard work :)
ps: I had a rather boozy weekend, so Ill see if it makes a difference this week as I definately used my AP's AND my weeklies :) was a good weekend indeed!

Thanks again, its much appreciated! xxxx

Not very helpful of your leader fingers crossed for next week x

Back