Weight Gain?

Sc591

I did my refeeding week two weeks ago and have been eating really well since - low G.I, small portions, only drinking water, mostly protein and veg. But I've gained about three or four pounds already. Here are my questions, if anyone can help:

1. Is it normal to gain a few pounds after you finish your refeeding week because you're eating carbs again? (I have heard some people say it is normal and it's just glycogen/water, but that the refeeding week is meant to prevent this?)

2. If it is normal, am I gaining fat or just weight due to water storage?

3. Will the weight gain stop, especially if I'm not even eating enough calories yet that would allow me to maintain (only managing about 1,200 each day)?

Thanks very much to anyone who responds, I'm just a bit worried.

Hi hon ... I'm on my phone so can't see your signature but I'm sure congrats are on order re your results :)

I wouldn't worry about your small gain ... Really!

It WILL be the glycogen/water thing. If only our bodies were predictable machines!! But as it is we're all different and will level out at our own pace. Stick to what you're doing and you will settle ... It can be really disheartening to see the scales going in the wrong direction but grit your teeth and keep at it ... You won't be sorry :)

I really look forward to seeing your progress xx

Ok, thanks very much, that has eased my worry a bit! I don't look any different so I'm just gonna hope that it's water and not fat!! I'll still at it, don't worry, hopefully things will settle down soon. Thanks for your reply! xx

hi there. not sure what your doing at the mo, but how I stopped the gain after refeed was.by spacing my meals out. eating every 2 hours and lifting heavy weights a few nights a week working the major muscles which are bum legs back and chest. this does wonders for your metabolism and helps with bloating. I hope this helps

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins

Don't worry about a little bit of gain after refeed, it has to hapoen. Refeed won't stop it, just helps you gain the correct amount. Our bodies want that glycogen to cross the Ts and dot the Is so to speak.

It's not fat gain at all. If you're worried about that and any carby foods, save your carby foods for directly after exercise. Only about 30% I think of the calories burned through exercise are fat, most of it is fueled through carbs and the like, so a carby food right after exercising is the best time as less of it will be converted to glycogen or fat as the body will want to burn it for the next hour or so.

And as others have said, space out meals to keep eating something fairly regular through the day, keep the metabolism ticking over and it won't feel the need to convert anything to bad stuff.

Back