Weight gains in cruise anyone?

Skolly

I'd like some advice fellow dukaners. I've stuck to the diet like glue for six weeks now, no booze, my allocated oatbran, 3 litres of water religiously and exercising every day and this week and i've had a weight gain of 2lbs? I just don't understand it. I suppose I've upped the training and am wondering if it's water retention or building muscle, but has anyone else had the same problem? I'm determined to keep going as I'm feeling fitter and healthier than ever but it is demotivating this week. I've lost 17 lbs in the 6 weeks but am worried I won't get to goal by the date I wanted if I keep having gains. Any help would really be appreciated peeps. Best of luck to everyone too. Lisa x​

Hi LIsa I am sure you will have tons of replies all saying the same KEEP CALM AND SLIM ON :D!!! It isn't unusual for weight to go up when you are doing everything by the book. I could sometimes go 5 days of tiny gains or stay the same only to wake up on day six to a massive 5lbs loss, I would say if you are looking back at your food and they comply with the plan 100% don't panic be patient and carry on. I know a lot of members don't advocate daily weigh ins because it can be really demoralising if you show a gain so maybe switch to a weekly weigh in. Stick with it hun its working, Good luck

Hi, I'm glad you posted about this as I weighed self this am and to my disgust I'm up 3 lbs on what I was 3 weeks ago. Am running 3 times a week and was thinking maybe it's that. Like you I've stuck to the plan rigidly. I've even knocked dairy completely on the head as couldn't stop myself from bingeing on it. The only other thing I can think of in my case is that I'm drinking diet coke every day, most days 3 cans! Maybe it's time to knock that on the head too. Don't know if you drink much of it? Also how do your clothes fit now? I tried on my jeans of truth this am after weigh in and no change in them. Very upsetting really as I'm doing the plan 3 months and was sure I'd be way nearer my target weight by now. Now I have 1st 5 to go.. Aaarrgggh not fair. Let's try and be positive and not give up. On the upside I feel fantastic physically so that's a huge plus. Hopefully some one else may be able to shed some light for us xx

Do you eat packed ham and meats? I found that on the days I snacked on ham I didn't loose and maybe gained slightly, while the carb and fat content were low the salt was quite high which made my body retain water (we are drinking lots on this diet), I drink a 0 cal pink lemonade from Aldi and on a hot day like today I probably have 2 ltr of it and my weight has been steady, maybe you can replace the coke with this? its really refreshing I add it to tons of ice and a few sprigs of fresh mint.

Well I bought a pair of size 12 trousers that won't fasten they must be big made Im nowhere near a 12 but cheered me up x

Back