Weight Loss and having Cold

Hello Everyone,

Started back with SW last week and two days in totally loaded with cold! Any way still lingering on now (smoker so it is totally my own fault) but any way I best get to the point! First weigh in at home and only a 2lb loss which is unusual for me on the first week! Has any one ever noticed when they have had cold if it has effected there loss rate?

I must stress this only a COLD so I haven't had a temperature or any thing, just been a wimp lol!

Any help would be greatly appreciated as would any one who would like to do my ironing as Im posting on here is instead of getting it done!

Yep, when I've got a cold I lose very little. Horrible cos I always seem to catch them lol

Mandy you have made my night! Iv been digging through all my old food logs to see if I could find out if it had happened to me before! Was gutted getting on the scales! Let's just hope it ******* off some time soon!

I had a dreadful cold before weigh in last week and STS so could be coincidence, but was a bit fed up as I had been 100% all week. However had also had headache and sinus problems so had wondered if it was anything to do with painkillers. Only my 2nd STS since 12th June start.

I didn't think you counted medicines like that as syns, as you have to have them? I could be wrong though....

Liz

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

U don't count them as syns because obviously some people would refuse to take it which is really bad but just because slimming world says there syn free doesn't mean their not packed with sugar which would affect weight loss unfortunately. Life is unfair lol

I've got a cold too and so have lemsips half a syn per sachet so my bad but well worth the relief. Don't forget to add them in!

rosierose15 said:
U don't count them as syns because obviously some people would refuse to take it which is really bad but just because slimming world says there syn free doesn't mean their not packed with sugar which would affect weight loss unfortunately. Life is unfair lol

You should actually syn things like lemsip, cough sweets and syrupy medicines. The syn values are available online. Lemsip a are one syn (I think)

I've got a cold too and so have lemsips half a syn per sachet so my bad but well worth the relief. Don't forget to add them in!

That's good, last time I had a cold I didn't take any sachets or cough sweets as thought theyed be really high syn. Least I know for next time! X

Thanks every one for such a great response, I have been doing some internet research and it seems that ibuprfoen seems to have been liked with gaining/ no as good a loss! This is what have been taken as I don't really like the hot drinks lemsyp etc! Looks like some thing to do with water retention in Anti inflammatory drugs!

Just for the record I am not a doctor and this is based of an INTERNET search! Please do not stop talking and necessary or prescribed medication due to a post on a forum but an unqualified person aka ME!

RavenGypsy said:
Thanks every one for such a great response, I have been doing some internet research and it seems that ibuprfoen seems to have been liked with gaining/ no as good a loss! This is what have been taken as I don't really like the hot drinks lemsyp etc! Looks like some thing to do with water retention in Anti inflammatory drugs!

Just for the record I am not a doctor and this is based of an INTERNET search! Please do not stop talking and necessary or prescribed medication due to a post on a forum but an unqualified person aka ME!

Thanks for that and fully take on your caveat about it being an Internet search but I had suspected as much about painkillers. Good to know that it was probably that.

It's makes far more sense to buy some decongestant spray, dissolvable paracetamol, & add some hot water, lemon juice & sweetener to it instead of lemsip. Syn free, and does the same job!

rosierose15 said:

Just to confirm. If it has actual sugar in it, SW will give it a syn value, hence why over the counter cold & flu drinks tend to have syns.

LizB said:
I didn't think you counted medicines like that as syns, as you have to have them? I could be wrong though....

Liz

You count cough cold stuff as it is NOT essential you wouldn't look up syn values for blood pressure tablets etc tho

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back