weight loss has slowed right down a stone from target :(

flossyxo

hey, I'm a stone away from target (ideally aiming at 1 n half stones though) and im just finding it so hard to budge the final weight.

I've lost 5 stones so far and I've not really changed anything about my food choices but I haven't lost a single lb this week :(

I've started the 30 day shred today in the hope it will shift a bit of weight but has anybody got any other tips? my target of Halloween is looking very bleak right now!!

Last edited:
They do say that it can slow down when you dont have a lot left to loose. I think the 30 day shred is a good idea, perhaps try changing the food you eat or having a look at the success express plan?

Maybe your answer is in the question! ;)
You say you haven't changed your food choices.....maybe it's time for a shake up, choose some new foods and surprise your body!
Also, have you thought about portion sizes? You possibly need less food now you have lost a considerable amount of weight?

Having said all that, it's definitely true that its harder to lose the last bit of weight, not impossible though!!

I agree with the other replies. Try changing some of your meals. My weight loss had slowed at one point and my C said to try some new meals. Changing my HEB really helped. (I do green so get 2 as was always using one on rocky roads).

Maybe try keeping a food diary this week. I don't always and when I don't I can easily forget what healthy extras/syns I've had.
You've done amazing to lose 5 stone! Good luck with the final bit!

hey thanks for the replies :)

I don't really know what I could change my meals too as I eat really healthy at the moment, plenty of salads and veg, so I have no idea what I could shake up?

would cutting out syns be a bad move?

It wouldnt harm for a week to try cutting out syns, on SW they do say try to have some of your Syns but if you cant change anthing else then it wont harm your weight loss to try it for one week x

It wouldnt harm for a week to try cutting out syns, on SW they do say try to have some of your Syns but if you cant change anthing else then it wont harm your weight loss to try it for one week x

Sorry hope I don't come across as petty as I don't intend to be but saying to cut out syns would be like saying to cut out free foods, or to cut out superfree etc. syns are just as much a part of the plan as free foods, superfree, healthy extras etc. x

Op perhaps you could try shaking things up a bit, maybe try red, green eye if you have already x

According to my consultant syns ARENT compulsory unlike the 3rd suprfree etc. At lot of people do loose weight and dont have syns, i have done it myself. Syns are there so use and use them if you want and it is good to use syns to help you loose weight, but a lot of people struggle to use syns, i dont use syns every day, sometimes i struggle, sometimes its reallt easy. I cant harm for one week if there are no other ideas, as the OP has said she has tried the other ideas. Lets just agree to disagree.

Last edited:
thanks for the replies once again :)

I know sugar free juice is free, but I drink a LOT of it! Is there a chance that could be slowing me down? :-/ I can get through a 3L bottle of dilute in about 3 days lol x

Syns are as much a part of the plan as free, super free and healthy extras and there is no need to cut them out, nor should you have to reduce your portion size. All of this is overthinking the plans.
Go right back to basics, are you weighing and measuring healthy extras, do you check all syns values, even if you have checked before - things change so check again.
Increase the proportion of super free on your plate to half, look for speed and super speed foods in your book and try only snacking on super free.
Keep an honest food diary, writing things down as you eat them and cut out any tweaks you may use.

I do agree with whats above but based on my knowledge of what I have been taught you dont HAVE to have your syns if you dont want them. Perhaps talking to your consultant would be a good idea as that's what you pay for x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I am a consultant.

I agree, nothing is compulsory but cutting out syns is not the answer here. The difference lies with super free and speed/super speed.

I do slimming world from home so don't have a consultant to talk to :(

I weigh all my foods out and log everything on an app, like I have been doing for months. maybe I just need to introduce new meals into my diet and give my body a change but like I said I eat a pretty varied and healthy diet! I will look for some new recipes.x

Well im sorry if I offended but given the info I had after already suggesting other things I tried to advise best I could... :|

Well im sorry if I offended but given the info I had after already suggesting other things I tried to advise best I could... :|

I wouldn't say anybody got offended. As you say, you were just advising as best you could and from the info you have been told x

Back