Weight loss here I come!

far294

Right here goes final attempt at losing weight and I WILL succeed! A bit of information about me I have one son and ate for England while pregnant so never really lost my pregnancy weight (he is 4 now).
I used to really be into exercise pre baby and then I sort of fell out of the habit and that's when I started putting the weight on again, now I find it really hard to find the time. I have a rebounder (with which I lost my 2 1/2 stone before) and a cross trainer, so I have no excuses. I love to eat but I do like healthy food so I think my main downfall is my portion and size and SUGAR, SUGAR, SUGAR. So my plan of action is to try and cut my sugar intake down (apart from fruit) and to try and reduce my portions and snacking.
I am currently 15st 4lb and seemed to have stuck at this weight for a while. I have cut chocolate out on the 16th January and saw a few pounds lost but nothing major, so I need to step the diet up a bit and focus on a exercise plan.
I am really determined as I really do not like what I see :( and I have a wardrobe of beautiful clothes that I can't fit into but refuse to get rid of!
Anyone in the same position I would love to here from you. I will put details on my proposed diet and exercise plans in the next few days and weigh in next week, so fingers crossed!

Last edited:
I am also starting once again another weight loss attempt, I am only 5ft 2 and weigh 14st and want to get to 10st, I'm just lazy in the winter..what do they say fat, forty and frumpy, well thats me expect I'm 45..ha ha, but realistically I need to lose weight my back is killing me and I get heart burn everyday and snore like a walrus, which my husband moans about, he weighed himself at the same time as me and weighs 15 st and he's 6ft3!!!

Hi skyegirl,
lets make this our weight loss year!

Right a little update I have started quite well; for mothers day went to Yorkshire Moors and did a 6 mile walk, which was quite hard going with a little one (he got carried by OH for most of the way) and ate quite healthy that day. Today was good too; exercised for an hour (20 min cross trainer and 4o mins weights/toning) had chicken salad for lunch and butternut squash with feta and salad for tea. I am going to start doing a photo food diary with my phone (instead of writing it down, its quicker and will give me ideas for meal planning when I've been doing it for abit).

Feel really motivated at the moment and want to shift some of this fat!!! My new mantra is the only one stopping you being slim, is you, so I am going to keep repeating this to myself as it is so true!

I am going to post my exercise routine on the fitness forum for some advice on my routine and to make sure it is including everything. Diet wise I am going to go slightly SW and cook everything from scratch, but not be too strict about precisely measuring everything. I am also going to try and cut out any junk food, and stick to fruit and veg (which I love anyway) and try to resist the cake, but if I do feel the need for something sweet I am going to look for a low fat banana muffin recipe and make them myself. Phew!!! all very good in theory, lets hope I can stick to it!!! I am not a saint though and sometimes life does get in the way, so I have also put together a list of sweet treats to have if the urge strikes when I am out or at work.

I have a really sweet tooth (my diet downfall) and some of the healthier sweet snacks (on the run, other than fruit) I can think of are:

Malt loaf
Starbucks low fat muffin
Milk
Smoothie
Yogurt
Ice lolly (solero etc)
Marks and Spencer iced bun

Does anybody have any other (non chocolate) healthier sweet treat ideas??

Hi Far294, my name is Carolyn, can't get on with these avitar names..lol, can't help you with the sweet treats, I can go without sugar and I don't eat chocolate unless I'm having a birthday or such like, I'm very bad I don't eat fruit at all, can't stand the stuff, far too sweet, but I do eat veggies although not enough green leafy stuff so I must eat more of that, I do however love bread so I am trying not to have it too much I bought ryvitas today as I can't eat wholemeal bread it gives me heart burn so I will substitute that, my daughter gave me about a months supply of xenical today, I used that a couple of years ago I lost about 2 stone but got fed up with taking tablets, I take enough as it is, also my fat intake was so low it didn't have much to work on, now with me eating more eggs and fish I'll probably be rushing to the loo all the time but I'll see how it goes, might give the weight loss a kick start anyhow.

Hiya sorry I didn't get on the computer yesterday, so I weighed myself yesterday and guess what 4lbs off yeeha! not in the 14s yet but still I am happy with that. Started off really well with the exercise but didn't do as much towards the end of the week as I'd hoped and did have a few sweet treats, but I do think my portion sizes have reduced which is good. Did a walk today as well and plan to exercise tomorrow.
Carolyn are you taking xenical while ding SW? I have never taken any slimming aids, I suppose I'm too tight! Let me know how you get on.

Last edited:
well weighed in yesterday and nothing lost -absolutely gutted as I did more exercise this week but to be fair I probably ate more too (baked banana cake and scones yesterday after weigh in which I probably shouldn't have - it was cold and snowy outside and I just wanted to comfort eat) so need to focus on the diet more me thinks!

Back