weight loss in dress sizes

Julie W

Sorry any male posters ... but I just wondered what an approximate weight loss was per each dress size lost.

If anyone could share their corresponding results that would be great.

I realise this will not be the same for everyone - different shapes, heights and starting weights etc. But just wanted to let me start imaging where I might be size wise at each stone lost.

I'd also like to know this!!
My hips are realllyy big so im a little unsure of what size i'll be once ive lost all my weight x

Im the same, I just want to have an idea of when I might go down a dress size and then approx how much more to lose before the next dress size.

I suppose ill have more of an understanding as the weeks go on and I just need to be patient. I'm like a kid wanting to sneak a peek at Christmas presents before the big day.

For me in the past it was a dress size for every stone I lost but I suppose everyone is different.

Someone told me it was approx 10 pounds, but don't count me to that haha! x

Thanks girls - every stone would be great. I went shopping yesterday and saw a couple of dresses, not too pricey, but very nice. So I bought them both in 3 sizes lower than what I am now. I just needed something I could picture me in to aim for.

I have a size 12 pair of skinny jeans from River Island hanging in my room :D

Last time for me it was 1 dress size per stone lost.. Ive lost a stone now and not quite in the next size down.. Just see how you go and try not to expect anything cos if u dont achieve ull be disapointed.

Good luck x

There is a thread on the forum somewhere where everyone posted their height, weight and dress size. Interesting but dress size appeared to be completely random. I have had to lose 2 stones to drop one dress size.

I think it depends whether you were in your true size when you started, or like me, squeeze into a smaller size and have to lose 3 stone to move down a dress size lol :)

lol i have to loose about 2 stone to drop a dress size x

sarahjt said:
lol i have to loose about 2 stone to drop a dress size x

Same for my bottom half i have to lose 2 stone but top half i only need to lose 10-14lbs x

Think i have to lose like 2 1/2 st b4 i even drop a size, but then i know why, i wasnt wearing the right size in the 1st place(didnt want to buy bigger sizes)

I didn't really drop a dress size until I had lost the first stone but from 13 st 7 to 12st 7 I went down a size.

Think we're all so different. I drop a dress size per stone I lose. My friend drops a dress size for every 2 stones she loses. We are similar in height.

I've lost nearly 5 stone, and started as a size 22. I'm now a 12/14 so it's been about a dress size for every stone, although the smaller I get, the more I seem to need to lose to get into the next dress size down. I've been a 14 for ages now. I've bought about 7 pairs of skinny jeans in a size 12, most of which are from New Look, and I squeezed into some this morning. But the 12's I got from H&M are nearly too big. Go figure!

Back