Weight loss mentality!

I started my journey with 10stone to loss (Significantly more if wanting to get within healthy BMI) at the start everyone said. .....

Break it down into bite size chunks as 10stone is such an enormous amount..

I have lost over 7 stone and plateau for a while and everyone said.....

Dont think about how far you have to go think about how far you have come.

I have to say my motivation was low using this theory as being 3 stone over your target isn't as desperate as being 10 stone and lots of the things on my want to lose weight to achieve list had been competed..... what did I say. ....

Forget how far you have come that's history. .. you still want 3 more stone and you drive this blooming bus! Bought a dress two sizese smaller....result of changing my mindset 3.5 lbs loss two weeks on the trot!

oooh - I need to try this! I have been losing very slowly since Jan 1/2 - 1Ib a week. Before Christmas it was more like 3Ibs a week. I have lost 4 stone 10 Ibs and have another 3 to go.

To the shops! I am going to buy a pair of jeans 2 sizes too small!

It's amazing what having the right mindset can do :)

I don't need to buy anything smaller ... I have two wardrobes full of stuff I can't get into :(

I'm in the same boat as you Horsey Gal, I have lots of T-Shirts and Jeans I just can't fit into right now so the feeling is going to be so amazing when I manage to fit into them and look great again.

This dream will come true!

Hello Wannamakeitwork!

This sound like me, I lost 7 stone, 13 lbs from January last year to end of October and since then I have lost and put back on the same 6 lbs, I can't seem to get over the last 1lb to lose to get to 8 stone. i still have at least another 1.5 stone to lose but am really struggling to get over this lb!
People keep telling me that I have lost enough but like you I set myself a goal and would love to reach that and get in the next size down clothes that I have already bought
Any one have any ideas as to how I could get it moving again?

thank you x

I'm very new to sw so I probably don't know much but I've heard that taking it right back to basics. Some ppl say even have a total day off to kick start your metabolism, and start as if you were starting again, meal plan, diaries, weighing hex, use syns for cooking not just on treats. And go in it as someone who need to loose 1stone as opposed to someone that can't quite loose last stone of 8. :) hope I make sense and I'm not talking crap.

I'm very new to sw so I probably don't know much but I've heard that taking it right back to basics. Some ppl say even have a total day off to kick start your metabolism, and start as if you were starting again, meal plan, diaries, weighing hex, use syns for cooking not just on treats. And go in it as someone who need to loose 1stone as opposed to someone that can't quite loose last stone of 8. :) hope I make sense and I'm not talking crap.

This is good advice. I always re look at my mags and books when I feel a wobble coming on! In fact I haven't been following plan much recently and have set aside time at the weekend to reassess and meal plan for next week!

Back