weight loss not showing on te scales????

hunter42

Hey all,

Im new here, I am really annoyed over the last couple of weeks, I have been so good following the plan over the last 9 weeks and I have lost 6 pounds. now i know 6lbs is a good loss but I feel like I have lost more. loads of people are telling me I have lost weight and I do feel great but it is not showing on the scales.

the question I am asking really is am I wasting my money going to SW every week????

I am just really disheartened to be honest. I dont want to seem like a moan but I must be missing something along the way!!!

thanks a million in advance
xxxxx

Hi there!

You have probably lost inches , have you measured yourself?

X

Pooh likes to watch drops of rain, running a race down the window pane ......

Hey all,

Im new here, I am really annoyed over the last couple of weeks, I have been so good following the plan over the last 9 weeks and I have lost 6 pounds. now i know 6lbs is a good loss but I feel like I have lost more. loads of people are telling me I have lost weight and I do feel great but it is not showing on the scales.

the question I am asking really is am I wasting my money going to SW every week????

I am just really disheartened to be honest. I dont want to seem like a moan but I must be missing something along the way!!!

thanks a million in advance
xxxxx

Well it *is* showing on the scales isn't it - as 6lbs off. How much do you have to lose and how fast are you expecting it to go? 1.5lb a week is totally bang average, youre expected to lose between 1 and 2lb a week. That's five and a half stone in a year! Its not going to disappear overnight - and if it did it would be back just as fast.

Have you measured your waist/hips/bust? You might see a loss there! And you've lost nearly half a stone - not bad going!

The way I see it:
1) you feel great
2) people are telling you that you look great
3) you are the only person who knows what number is on the scales

Enjoy it!

How you feel about yourself is far more important than any number that appears on an arbitrary machine. If you feel better in yourself and that you've lost weight then it is working and in my opinion you'd be a fool to stop going just because the scales are lagging a bit behind.

Well it *is* showing on the scales isn't it - as 6lbs off. How much do you have to lose and how fast are you expecting it to go? 1.5lb a week is totally bang average, youre expected to lose between 1 and 2lb a week. That's five and a half stone in a year! Its not going to disappear overnight - and if it did it would be back just as fast.

ermintrude - she said it was the other way round - 9 weeks and lost 6lbs which is 0.66lb per week not 1.5lbs. Still a loss though - better than putting it on and will probably be my average. If you feel and look better that is the main thing - I hate scales and dread getting on them.

ermintrude - she said it was the other way round - 9 weeks and lost 6lbs which is 0.66lb per week not 1.5lbs. Still a loss though - better than putting it on and will probably be my average.

Ah right, sorry, my mistake. But yes, as you say it's still a loss. Does depend a lot on how much you have to lose though, if its only a couple of a stone then this is quite normal, if it's 10 stone or something then it might be better to post a food diary so we can see where you might be going wrong.

Apologies for not reading it properly the first time! x :)

Thanks for the replies!! I do feel like a moan! I am 11 stone wanting to be 10 stone!!! It's just I am really trying, like really trying!!! Going to give it another few weeks, I do feel good so going to keep going!

I'm going to try something different as I do eat the same breakfast and lunch everyday!! But different dinners every night.

Thanks again!!! X

Back