Weight loss per week on SW?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by naomi1611, 19 January 2009 Social URL.

1. naomi1611

naomi1611 Will B Slim

Start Weight:
    18st8lb
    Current Weight:
    17st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(3.85%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Hi

I did the cambridge diet before so i was used to losing at least 3lb a week. What is average weekly loss on SW? I was thinking it is 2lb a week. Is that right?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mojomcl

mojomcl Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st5lb
    Current Weight:
    20st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    As SW is a way of eating for life, I have been happy to lose 1-2lbs a week for the past 10 months or so. Some weeks I STS, but have only gained at Xmas, and have already lost that again.
    So, yeah, slow and steady, 1-2lbs on average for me.

4. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

I lost anything from half a pound to 4 pounds a week! I averaged a couple of pounds a week for the first few months and then it slowed down to a pound a week. If I sts then I tended to lose a lot more the next week. It tends to balance out. Like the previous post, I completely agree, this isn't a diet - it's a way of life!!

5. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I average between 2-3lbs a week, but then I have a lot to loose, it depends really on how much you weigh now. Can I also say that your weight losses will be no where as near as when you did the Camebridge diet as you are not eating (I've done this diet too!). You are re-educating your body to eating healthily with the SW plan and I have never looked at it as a diet!

6. naomi1611

naomi1611 Will B Slim

Start Weight:
    18st8lb
    Current Weight:
    17st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(3.85%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Ok thanks for your replies. I am happy to lose slowly as it should stay off. I intend to join the gym so i hope that will help. :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.