Weight loss resources - any other sites?

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by IslandBreeze, 13 July 2009 Social URL.

1. IslandBreeze

IslandBreeze Castaway

Hi
    Having read about it often on minis I've just signed up for a 1-day free trial of WLR.

I'm not really liking it. Not impressed by the reports really and generally not finding the site easy to navigate. Might sign up but would like to check out some others first.

Does anyone have any other sites to recommend that help you track what you've eaten?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. carefulcounter

carefulcounter Rachel

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I use foodfocus .co .uk - I really liek it - you can log what you eat and it works out the carb/protein/fat ratios to help you keep it balance and tracks intake against your weight measurements as you enter them. You can manually enter and save new products or homemade meals. Have a look - it's free.

4. IslandBreeze

IslandBreeze Castaway

It's free? I'll definitely have a look!

5. justgina

justgina taking it 1 day at a time

Start Weight:
    12st5.6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.8lb(7.95%)
    Diet:
    IF/5:2/juddd......
    I'll second Food Focus. Been using it since I saw it mentioned on here. Very easy to use. You can log both your food and your exercise. I love it.

6. Iris

Iris Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    7st11lb(47.39%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting (also known as relentless self-denial)
    I think that www.essentialsweightloss.co.uk is the best dietary tracking site around. They run a free 5 day trial, too, so you can really get a feel for it before you subscribe. There's recipes from other users, forums, a healthy 'food swap' list, and the range of calorie info they have is second to none.

Be warned, though: it's addictive! :)

7. IslandBreeze

IslandBreeze Castaway

Thanks, I'll look at this one too. A 5-day trial sounds good, I really didn't find 24 hours useful, it wasn't long enough to get a feel for the site, especially as I have a baby and can't spend too much time online.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.