Weight loss slowed down!!!

kev1973

Hi all. I'm just after a bit of advice, i have been on diet since jun 11, and so far lost 6st 4lb.
Which i am very pleased with, however to get to my ideal weight i need to lose anothe 3st, but weight loss has slowed down drastically, lost 4lb in last 3 weeks. I do understand that as i get closer to ideal weight, it will slow down, but my bmi has only just slipped into the overweight count from being obese, so still not small.
Diet has'nt changed, although i have just started running 3 times a week.
Any advice on giving the weight loss a kick start again would be much appreciated. Thanks

Welcome Kev:welcome2:

Well done on your weight loss, you have done really brilliantly to lose 6st. 4lbs since June:happy096:

As you know it is very normal for the weight loss to slow down and even hit a plateau for a while and this is what is happening to you and I would guess that you are probably building muscle with the running you have just taken up and it can take a couple of weeks for your body to adjust to a new exercise routine and most lightly you will notice you are losing inches even if the scales are not moving and I would guess you must be noticing it in your clothes?

You will find from here on that you will have a few low weeks and then all of a sudden you will get a big weight loss again.

It would probably help if you kept a weight loss diary so that others could see if anything needs to be adjusted but in the long term you are just going to have to be patient as this is always a critical stage as you near your goal weight when you want more off and you feel you deserve more for the effort you are putting in.

It is well to remember also that a pound or two a week at this stage is huge in comparison to when you started as you are taking more from less.

Thanks for the advice mini, definetly noticing a difference with my clothes, and the main thing for me is that i am really starting to enjoy my running, and getting faster and fitter week after week. :). Doing 2nd 10k race in june then aiming for 1st half marathon in October.

Another 2lb gone this morning, good loss after 3 or 4 weeks losing the odd pound and staying same :)

Hiya kev, cant really offer any advice only stick with it but just wanted to congratulate you on the amazing loss and wish you the best of luck with the rest of your journey x

First run with running club beginners tomorrow night, then doing 5k race with them on Tuesday. Wish me luck, think i'm gonna need it, lol :)

First run with running club beginners tomorrow night, then doing 5k race with them on Tuesday. Wish me luck, think i'm gonna need it, lol :)

Not at all you will be grand. Best of luck you will do great x x

Just done first run with running club. Did 3.6 mile in 33 minutes, really pleased, and surprised at how well it went :)

Just weighed in, another stand still same as last week. Lost 3lb in last 4 weeks :( I know i'm probably developing more muscle with running 3 times a week. But still starting to get frustrating, especially when you set half stone targets at a time, and get 1 stone away and stop. Ok rant over, sorry for moaning but just feeling frustrated, lol.

Another point some made to me is ensuring your eating enough, whilst you need to create a deficit to lose weight they recommend when exercising not to fall below a certain amount of calories as it can actually slow weight loss.

Well done on the weight loss so far that's an immense amount of weight... I have 3 stone to lose still and finding an average of 2 lbs a week has become the norm...

Goodluck x

Kev, my weight loss has slowed to about half a lb a week, I think it just happens after you've already lost a load. Fortunately I allowed myself 2 yrs anyway, so it's not too disappointing.

Did my first race with running club last night, 5k (3.1 miles) 29 mins 47 secs :) very pleased because i had tried to set myself a target of getting under 30 mins.

Another 2lb gone at weigh in today, thats just over 6 and half stone gone :) and actually under 16st for 1st time that i can remember :)

Well done Kev, it's a lovely feeling to get below each stone mark :) Then when you're a couple of pounds under you can tell yourself "I will never be 16 stone again".

Back