Weight loss slowing down

That's normal! Initial weight loss can be very good but it does taper off somewhat and you should be looking at 1-2 pounds a week. Don't worry Bethany, you are definitely heading in the right direction. If you stick to your points limit every day you can't fail!!

You will Bethany. :)

Weight Watchers is designed for good weight loss and the points allocated to your current weight WILL give you the weight loss you desire. Have faith in what you are doing and keep at it.

Your body might need a couple of weeks to adjust to your new way of eating but you will lose weight.

Bethany

I dont think you can say at this stage maybe WW isnt for you. Youve only been doing it 3 weeks, and youve lost 8lbs. Thats really good. The first 2 weeks you did well, this week you only lost half a pound BUT by your own admission, you didnt stick to it. Almost every day you said you werent eating all your points. There is no diet in this world which will succeed if you dont stick to it.

If you look around the WW forum here, everyone who sticks to the diet loses weight. I think anyone who doesnt lose weight will openly admit they havent stuck to the plan all week.

Yes you have a lot of weight to lose (believe me, Ive got lots more) but the weight didnt go on overnight so you cant expect it to come off overnight. It WILL be a long process but the only way youll succeed is to stick to a diet and follow it the way it should be followed, whether its WW, SW, Unit Diet, LL or CD none of them will work if you dont stick to them.

I dont really think you can complain your weight loss is slowing down when youre not sticking to your points. Decide youll set yourself a period of several weeks or a month, stick to it totally and then see how well it works (or doesnt)

None of us can blame a diet for failing if we're the ones doing the failing.

Believe me, if I can lose weight on this YOU can too

Starlight
I know ive only been doing it 3 weeks so why is it not coming off at a faster rate like you and other members . No I was not eating all my points because if i had alot for bfast then i would not be alowed alot for lunch then would have to be careful for my tea. I know it will be along process i know you have to stick at them to lose weight Yes if i had stuck to the unit diet that would have worked at it is not as restricted as ww But I will try and stick to ww for a few more weeks and see what happens If i go over my points i might lose more weight because i think if you have alot to lose you need more points to lose weight.

Thanks

Bethany

Youre still missing the point!!! You said it yourself youre NOT eating your points. You have to eat the correct number a day. If youre on 26 EAT 26!!! If you dont eat enough you wont lose weight - as youve seen yourself.

Eating more than your points is an even worse idea, youll end up GAINING weight that way. i dont know how you can say WW is restrictive you can eat anything you want. I dont know how it can be such a problem to eat your points every day, lets face it we're all here because we over ate.

You tried the Unit Diet and it didnt work at all, youre now not doing WW properly either.

until you set your mind to a particular diet AND STICK TO IT you will never ever ever lose the weight.

The unit diet is not restrictive at least you can have free fruit and potatoes and even skimmed milk

But you wouldn't want that as you say you can't eat all your WW points because you aren't hungry. Why would you want a diet that gives you even more food?

Thanks Marie

I agree with you that different diets dont suit everyone. I know you have to stick to your points but ive been going the other way not eating enough and feeling hungry as i only have 3 for bfast sometimes and then not alot for lunch.
Im just feeling a little down today as it is week before time of month and i get a bit down . I am going to carry on with weight watchers and i will take everything back what ive said if thats ok with you all . I never even started the unit diet for different things going off .

Thanks Marie hope you will all understand

Thanks Marie

I agree with you that different diets dont suit everyone. I know you have to stick to your points but ive been going the other way not eating enough and feeling hungry as i only have 3 for bfast sometimes and then not alot for lunch.
Im just feeling a little down today as it is week before time of month and i get a bit down . I am going to carry on with weight watchers and i will take everything back what ive said if thats ok with you all . I never even started the unit diet for different things going off .

Thanks Marie hope you will all understand

Time of the month is a real drag for a lot of us bethany and it can throw your mood all over the place, I know. Hope you feel better in yourself soon and then it will be easier to focus.

Lacey :)

Back