Weight Loss Slowing Down

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Deb G, 28 November 2007 Social URL.

1. Deb G

Deb G Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Is it common for weightloss to slow as you have less to lose (I know this is true of conventional diets, but does it effect VLCDs too?:confused:). I like to lose 3.5 per week (as per the stone a month thing) but I seem to be getting about 2.8 (or 2.5 as I think it will be this week) at the moment and I'm doing nothing different - except having sparkling rather than still water - but this shouldn't make a difference! I know this is still a good weightloss:rolleyes:, but I'd prefer my 'average' of 3.5 instead!

I am on Week 10 of LL and am currently about 11st6, intending to get to 9st around mid Feb.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

deb I replied to you on the other site ... your average loss is 4.2 per week. You need to look at the loss ver a period of time. Also, you have lost 3 stone in 10 weeks which is ahead of the average quoted by LL. On top of that you will probably have a better loss next week. When you look at your weekly losses you seem to have a higher loss every 3 to 4 weeks so if you stick to it 100% and up your water a little you should feel better next week.

People say they do slow down but you still have some to go and it is probably just a natural fluctuation. See how you go next week and tell us what it is
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.