Weight loss (SO FAR)

Franalamadingdong

Gold Member
I figured it was time to pop up some photos too. :)

On the 3rd of January I went to the doctors and said I'd like to be referred to slimming world. I only knew about the referral scheme because of my mum and the Dr and I had to help each other in working out what to do. I was weighed and came in at 21st 3lbs :eek: I was surprised the scales didn't break!

On the 18th of January I attended my first ever Slimming World class. And to my relief (and a tummy bug donated by my brother) I was 20st 5lbs. I always refer to my "official" weight loss as the Slimming world one, but always think "plus 12lbs!!!!"

So the BIIIGG picture, is me on Boxing day 2011, at 21st 3lbs

The other picture is me on the 19th of November 2012 having lost 4st 6lbs (official. - 5 stone 4lbs overall).

I had wanted to get some new photos this christmas but I don't think I got any of me! TYPICAL!

I'm now 4st 12.5lb official (5 st 10.5lbs overall) and so I've added a picture of me in the loo!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121004_123324.png
    ForumRunner_20121004_123324.png
    361.4 KB · Views: 907
  • ForumRunner_20121119_140611.png
    ForumRunner_20121119_140611.png
    371.7 KB · Views: 904
  • ForumRunner_20130201_235341.png
    ForumRunner_20130201_235341.png
    274.3 KB · Views: 373
Last edited:
Hello!

I've been a lurker here since I started my journey in august, but never took the plunge to join - until now!

Your starting statistics are exactly the same as mine (5'5 and 21st) and it has inspired me SO much to see how fantastic you look at the weight I hope to achieve by my 30th birthday this june. I know people carry weight in different ways - but I just read the latest SW mag and felt downhearted that most girls in there were my birthday target weight at their fattest. The pics of them at the weight I hope to be looked terrible and I felt as if all this passion I had to achieve my dream was for nothing.

You totally changed that! You look AMAZING, healthy - radiant, happy, fantastic legs (can girls say this to each other? lol) tiny waist, you are totally my inspiration!

Thank you so much and congratulations to you :)

Hahah Im the same, nearly 20st, I see girls who start at 12-15 stone and Im like, I WISH that was my starting point, cos I would so love to be there right now!

Very inspirational, well done hun!

i wish my start weight was that too, it seems like such a lot of weight to lose and such a hard slog to get there xxx

i wish my start weight was that too, it seems like such a lot of weight to lose and such a hard slog to get there xxx

Doesn't Framalamadingdong look fantastic though? I'm so excited now to think I could be like this in june!

I started in august at 21st 1.5lb and with my christmas gain (weighing on monday) I will be just under 18 (what I prefer to call '17 something' hehe!!) It felt so hard to get going, but once you build the momentum.. the numbers make you buzz!

Framalamadingdong started where we did and she could be sitting there thinking 'well, i'll start the diet again on monday, what's the point when I have SO much to lose' but she stuck at it and i'd LOVE to look like that!

Keep going ladies - the inspiration is right here :D

Hahah Im the same, nearly 20st, I see girls who start at 12-15 stone and Im like, I WISH that was my starting point, cos I would so love to be there right now!

Very inspirational, well done hun!

Did you know you're SUPER pretty?! Your end photographs are going to be amazing! I hope one day I get to see them :D

haha thank you, my avatar is old tho, I was about 17 stone there :( So about 2-3 months away.

The worst thing is, when I was a teen, I knew I was bigger, about 14-15 stone probs, and I always thought, oh my face makes up for being fat, I had no trouble getting boyfriends, so I never did anything about my weight. I pretty much just put on a stone a year from about 17 onwards. If only you could go back to your 17 year old self! hahaha.

but if Framalamadingdong can do it, I truly hope I can too!

haha thank you, my avatar is old tho, I was about 17 stone there :( So about 2-3 months away.

The worst thing is, when I was a teen, I knew I was bigger, about 14-15 stone probs, and I always thought, oh my face makes up for being fat, I had no trouble getting boyfriends, so I never did anything about my weight. I pretty much just put on a stone a year from about 17 onwards. If only you could go back to your 17 year old self! hahaha.

but if Framalamadingdong can do it, I truly hope I can too!

I feel really bad imposing on Framalamadingdongs thread but I just wanted to add something I read on here once that really inspired me. Well.. I can't remember the exact words but it was something like:

Being overweight is hard,
Losing weight is hard,
Choose your hard!

I love that! When I think back and trully remember how it felt to be 21stone - how I couldn't put my arms by my sides properly, how chunky and uncomfortable I felt walking around - especially in summer! How I felt so paranoid of my appearance, so jealous of all the gorgeous outfitted girls in the summer and how I couldn't cross my legs or put a tray on my lap to eat when visiting friends.. without even thinking about the benefits to my health - oh GOD this change is worth it. I don't want to put my effort in to being fat any more - I want to put it in to finally reaching my goal and living my life. I'm sick of having the true 'me' paused.

Give yourself some mini goals in a notepad.. look at the amazing meals on here.. and be inspired. One goal I like to set is to go just under the next stone bracket i.e 17st 13lb to say 'YAY i'm 17 stone!!' or to work out what 10% of my body weight is. The best buzz was fitting in to a pair of trousers 3 inches away from doing up previously.. and then them becoming too big for me! That was a goal that felt amazing.

You can do this!! Give it time and then you will build up that momentum and you will just buzz from how it feels to go further and further down the scales.

Fran you look amazing - well done x

looking absolutly amazing, well done x

Hey Lego Lass, thank you for your post! So glad you decided to stop lurking and to take the plunge! :) It is true, it is hard when you are bigger and wanting to lose weight because it can feel so far away, and when you are aiming for someone's start weight (unflattering picture included) it can feel pointless. I hope you hit your goal :) Whatever happens I know I'm smaller than I would have been without SW. I hope we will be seeing your photos soon enough! Thank you for all the compliments, I've always hated my legs. hehe, I still have a long way to go but I now know I will get there.

Cage, I've always been bigger too. I'm losing weight for my son, so I can be healthy and around for him for as long as possible. It's easy to think "if I started then I'd only have x amount to lose." That is too simplistic though, and we cannot change the past, but we can change ourselves for the future.

Izzy, it soon adds up, just focus on the little goals. :)

Rochelle, We are always in the same stone groups, so I figured we must be similar weights. It could be that you just can't see how far you have come. I took that photo back in November because someone suggested I'd be able to see the difference better if i had two photos side by side. I have seen your photos and there is a BIG difference. I do know people hold weight differently and I do seem to have lead in my boots - admittedly then covered in a big layer of fat! and people are surprised with how much more I have left to lose - it doesn't surprise me though, other than it is a lot less than it was.

Thank you Everyone(!) for your lovely comments.

You look great!!! Well done. I hope I can add some pics like this at some point soon!!! X

Fran you look fantastic, look forward to seeing your next pic x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Amazing difference Fran - your looking great. Will be following your thread and look forward to the next lot of pics x

You will do princess :) look how much you have lost already. My first 4 weeks went 2.5lbs, 3.5lbs, holiday, 2.5lbs. So it took me 4 weeks to get my half stone award, which you've already achieved!

Thanks Lisa, and texty :) I will probably have one around easter time (31st March) as my son's birthday is just before then. i am aiming for my 5.5 stone award for then :) hoping for good news on Wednesday (weigh in) as it is my first full week 100% after Xmas, birthday and new years!

Rochelle, I have a few 14s, my Xmas outfit was a 14, but mostly I'm a 16. I tend to get someone else to pick out the right sizes for me know because I keep picking the wrong ones apparently. So i just point out the stuff I like, and usually it is my mum who picks out the size i will need. I find it hard because every brand is different. I'm out of the 22s and that's all that matters. Although all my jeans other than a 20 are in the wash so guess what I'm wearing. Haha.

Aww scarlet you big softy! I will keep shrinking and when us 20s are at Target we so need a weekend to celebrate somewhere!

You will do princess :) look how much you have lost already. My first 4 weeks went 2.5lbs, 3.5lbs, holiday, 2.5lbs. So it took me 4 weeks to get my half stone award, which you've already achieved!

Thanks Lisa, and texty :) I will probably have one around easter time (31st March) as my son's birthday is just before then. i am aiming for my 5.5 stone award for then :) hoping for good news on Wednesday (weigh in) as it is my first full week 100% after Xmas, birthday and new years!

Rochelle, I have a few 14s, my Xmas outfit was a 14, but mostly I'm a 16. I tend to get someone else to pick out the right sizes for me know because I keep picking the wrong ones apparently. So i just point out the stuff I like, and usually it is my mum who picks out the size i will need. I find it hard because every brand is different. I'm out of the 22s and that's all that matters. Although all my jeans other than a 20 are in the wash so guess what I'm wearing. Haha.

Aww scarlet you big softy! I will keep shrinking and when us 20s are at Target we so need a weekend to celebrate somewhere!
apparently it takes upto 6 months for your mind to catch up with your weight loss, so no wonder you keep choosing the wrong size! I'm the same, keep going for the size 20 tops when I am really a 16 now lol I'm an 18 on the bottom but the jeans I bought myself last week seem a little slack around the waist when I had them on this morning :/ maybe need to invest in a belt! X

Back