Green Days Weight loss starting to slow down any ideas?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by slimmingmummy, 26 August 2010 Social URL.

1. slimmingmummy

slimmingmummy Full Member

Hi im new to this forum iv not posted before but iv been reading the threads for a couple of weeks now. Im doing slimming world and so far have lost 2 1/2 stone my start weight was 14stn 7lbs :eek: . Recently iv only been losing a pound a week. Is it normal to slow down? Iv tried ss but dint shift anymore the usual. I swim for 4 hours a week and am always out walking.
    I'm vegetarian so only do green days anyone else weight loss slowed down? Also any tips to start losing more?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. MadameLaMinx

MadameLaMinx Gold Member

Well, firstly, 1lb a week is a very respectable loss. However, when your body spends a long time doing the same thing, it gets used to the routine and so perhaps a bit of a shake up is whats required.

One way you can do this is to do veggie red days. There are lots of red veggie free foods, the difference is that you control the carbs you are eating and so the balance in your body gets a bit of a shake up. Doing a few days of that here and there may give you a boost to your losses.

4. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Yes it is normal for the losses to slow down and a pound a week is just fine!

My tips
    Fill up on the superfree on your plate
    Only snack on superfree foods
    Reduce your syns to 5
    Eat when you are hungry and stop when you are satisfied

However, I'm not sure you should be unhappy with a pound a week.
    Good luck.

5. eternity

eternity Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(42.61%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    SW
    I only ever lost a pound a week and nothing changed that, whatever I did. Having said that, even when I got closer to target I didn't have to cut down on anything to still lose a pound a week.

6. slimmingmummy

slimmingmummy Full Member

Thanks had a weigh in today and again lost 1lb. I think I'm going to take the advice from you guys and see if a bit of a shake up works. I know 1lb is still a loss but iv got my holiday in 3 weeks and i just want to feel a bit more comfy. Thank you xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.