Weight loss trends on S&S /slow losers

Want2bme

Hi all,

Just starting my 4th week of s&s and I want to know how you guys get on with your weight loss, I seem to be a slow loser, I expected every week to be like my first, and it's not, second week 1lb loss and 3rd week it's 3lb.

What do you guys do to lose more? I find if I Excersize i don't lose any weight, it's like my body goes in to shock lol and hangs onto the weight??? Im disappointed at the speed of loss in comparison to others, but I guess a loss is a loss ay!

Does anyone have any similar experiences of slow loss, and what do you guys do / what have you noticed you do that speeds it up just a tad?

Water water water! I definately think drinking plenty helps. I have also decided to try this week without any bars. Not for weight loss reasons but because I want to get out of the habit of having sweet 'treats'. Well I had a sneaky peek on the scales this morning and I'm 2lbs down since Monday morning!!! I only lost 2.5lbs last week in total - so to have dropped another 2lbs already I am very chuffed. So looks like for me, no bars is going to help in numerous ways!

Good luck hun. I think when you have less to lose it comes off slower too. Just keep at it and the numbers on the scales WILL go down. x

Hey,

Yep I aim for 3 litres of water a day and generally achieve the goal! :)

I can do it without the bars, but I find it's a quick fix when I'm dashing round after my two! I find the shakes too sweet anyway so they satisfy my sweet tooth lol

Thanks for replying :) good luck with the rest of your journey xx

I'm quite slow too. At four months im tweaking things before refeed

Increase water, green tea. Things will get moving xxx

Can we drink green tea?? Xx

Yes that's fine hun x

Definitely drink plenty. Also when you exercise you do lose fat but your body will retain water whilst it mends your muscles so it can look on the scales like you haven't lost as much. If that will demotivate you then don't do heavy exercise - if you can accept that the scales won't show as much then do it. I would also suggest measuring yourself every 4 weeks. Not only is this really motivating but also when the loss on the scales is low you'll often find that you've lost inches.

I didn't exercise much during the diet but now that I'm at the end and have increased my calorie intake I've turned into an exercise fiend! Is this really me?!

Definitely drink plenty. Also when you exercise you do lose fat but your body will retain water whilst it mends your muscles so it can look on the scales like you haven't lost as much. If that will demotivate you then don't do heavy exercise - if you can accept that the scales won't show as much then do it. I would also suggest measuring yourself every 4 weeks. Not only is this really motivating but also when the loss on the scales is low you'll often find that you've lost inches.

I didn't exercise much during the diet but now that I'm at the end and have increased my calorie intake I've turned into an exercise fiend! Is this really me?!

Ah well done! I love excersising believe it or not! I have noticed my inches go down and I'm in a pair of trousers I haven't got over my hips for three years!!! Whoop whoop! I keep thinking I'll do a bit, but at the end of the day I'm ready to sleep lol!!

I suppose at the end of the day it's more about shape than my weight initially, ready to wear a lovely dress I hope!!

Doing Excersize, does it not put your body into starvation even more cause you burn up calories, and we're already just on 600 nearly most days? That's what I thought about calories and Excersize! To do it when I up it xx

I didn't really do much in the way of exercise when I was dieting so I'm not the best person to ask about that. I know Deezer does lots of exercise so you might want to ask her. I'm loving it now. I'm exercising 4 times a week. I have two personal training sessions (two different personal trainers...) and two gym sessions a week. On the days I exercise I will often also add a pilates class or a swim or an aqua zumba class or something. I've only been doing it for almost 4 weeks and I can already see a huge difference in my muscle mass - it's amazing!

Hi all,

Just starting my 4th week of s&s and I want to know how you guys get on with your weight loss, I seem to be a slow loser, I expected every week to be like my first, and it's not, second week 1lb loss and 3rd week it's 3lb.

What do you guys do to lose more? I find if I exercise i don't lose any weight, it's like my body goes in to shock lol and hangs onto the weight??? Im disappointed at the speed of loss in comparison to others, but I guess a loss is a loss ay!

Does anyone have any similar experiences of slow loss, and what do you guys do / what have you noticed you do that speeds it up just a tad?

Hello :)

I have found now that my body seems to want to follow a trend, it never has and probably never will let go of a stone a month on this diet the most Ive made it to is 12Ibs in a month and I have been 100% since the start.

I have noticed that exercise doesn't make much of a difference to my weight loss apart from to lessen it if I do too much. Nothing I do or change seems to make me lose the Ibs quicker. The body just does it in its own time which can be annoying lol especially when others seem to lose it a lot quicker.

Your right that a loss is a loss and we should just be happy that its goin down rather than up!

I'm 30 days in now & apart from one portion of salmon , I've stuck 100% !
I was very down hearted to discover that the scales had gone up a lb this week !?!
Obviously it would be physically impossible to gain weight but disappointing no less as I had lost 16.5 lbs thus far !
So I'm trying to be philosophical about it & look at the over all loss which I'm very pleased with !
I'm hoping to see the numbers fall on next weigh in !

I'm a slow loser. Some people just are unfortunately but it would be the same for me on any diet. The point is that the weight does go if you stick to it. Focus on what you have lost, not what you have to go or how long you might have left. You can't influence how quickly you lose if you stick to plan. The losses do add up quite quickly tho so don't be disheartened.

cheeselover said:
I was very down hearted to discover that the scales had gone up a lb this week !?!
Obviously it would be physically impossible to gain weight but disappointing no less as I had lost 16.5 lbs thus far !
So I'm trying to be philosophical about it & look at the over all loss which I'm very pleased with !

A lower loss in a particular week could be due to water retention or somesuch - it's always best to look at the average loss over the previous 4 weeks. Whether a quick or slow loser most people lose weight far quicker on a VLCD than they would on another type of diet. Good luck everyone!

Look up 'waiting for the whoosh' on google. It explains how when fat leaves the cells they don't deflate immediately but fill with water. I don't weigh because it depresses me. I am going by the looseness of my clothes. 2 weeks ago I knew I was retaining water, but as soon as the monthly cycle came rounds it fell off me. Check my stats for the first time I did a vlcd. One week a small loss, another stay the same and then whoosh! 10lbs came off. Just keep eating the packs drinking yr drinks and don't get hung up on the scales.
m

Hello :)

I have found now that my body seems to want to follow a trend, it never has and probably never will let go of a stone a month on this diet the most Ive made it to is 12Ibs in a month and I have been 100% since the start.

I have noticed that exercise doesn't make much of a difference to my weight loss apart from to lessen it if I do too much. Nothing I do or change seems to make me lose the Ibs quicker. The body just does it in its own time which can be annoying lol especially when others seem to lose it a lot quicker.

Your right that a loss is a loss and we should just be happy that its goin down rather than up!

Hey,

Seems like my body is doing what yours has done, it's good to know that my body is reacting normally to this diet though, I thought I was doing something wrong and couldn't work out why the scales weren't moving when previously, when healthy eating I could shift at least a lb by the next day! And my body was buff from it! :)

Thanks for the advice, I only have 3 1/2 weeks left on this diet :) back to the old fashioned way then.... :) xx

Hey,

Dont be disheartened, I'm sure you will lose :) stick with it! Let me know how you get on! :) xx

Look up 'waiting for the whoosh' on google. It explains how when fat leaves the cells they don't deflate immediately but fill with water. I don't weigh because it depresses me. I am going by the looseness of my clothes. 2 weeks ago I knew I was retaining water, but as soon as the monthly cycle came rounds it fell off me. Check my stats for the first time I did a vlcd. One week a small loss, another stay the same and then whoosh! 10lbs came off. Just keep eating the packs drinking yr drinks and don't get hung up on the scales.
m

Hey,

I looked this up the other week, someone else mentioned it on a thread.... But I couldn't find the article about the fat cells, I just found some ladies diary.

Ive noticed my inch loss dramatically, more than I thought I would! So I'm pleased with that and am going by the size of clothes than weight, it's just the numbers are a visible motivator lol

Well done on your losses! And thanks for the advice xx

Back