Weight Loss

When I low carbed before, I lost over a stone in 2 weeks and then I gave up as I couldn't tolerate the diet at the time. However, the weight didn't come back (at that time) as I think the low carb had suppressed my appetite - so I must have been losing fat (and possibly muscle as with most people in calorie deficit) alongside gaining any lost water back, meaning I neither lost nor gained weight for a few weeks after.

I've just started with high protein low carb again yesterday (and am at my max weight ever). I had planned to just do this to get into ketosis and then move onto VLCD (thereby not having to go through a phase of extreme hunger) - but looking at how full I feel after day 1 despite managing to be in calorie deficit - I've realised I'd be quite happy to low carb as a way of life. I just need to check that it's not dangerous to be on 30g carbs, 60g fat, 115g protein (along with a multivitamin) on a continuous basis :/

Good luck if you've just started low-carbing. I'd expect you to lose a good 6 or 7 pounds at the very least over the first couple of weeks, but for it to then decrease. It depends on your current weight too of course.

You can see my weekly losses from the beginning if you go to the second post in my diary (in Atkins section) - sorry cant link from my ipad. Should be link in my signature

Back