Weight Plateau?

Sc591

Hi everyone :)

I'm on my 13th day of Lipotrim and am finding it a lot easier at this stage but I have an issue. In my first week I only lost 5 pounds, which was disappointing but still something and it was great to see the weight going down on the scales. But my weight hasn't gone down at all for the past six days, not even by a quarter of a pound.

However, I do notice myself gaining two pounds each day (but this is only cos I have had so much water to drink when I weigh myself)....by the end of the night it goes back down to what it was so I know I'm not actually gaining any weight, it's just water, but I'm definitely not losing any weight at all.

I just don't understand why. I'm sticking to it religiously and not having anything but the milkshakes and about 3 litres of water each day.

I've heard of people reaching plateaus after many months on the diet, and of people having disappointing weight losses some weeks and not others but the majority of people I've spoken to lost lots of weight in either their first week or second one. Is there some explanation for this? Has anyone else experienced it? I said it to my chemist but she just said some people had disappointing weight losses sometimes.

I just don't want to be spending lots of money on Lipotrim when I've done diets before (eating healthily and exercising) and lost about a pound a week....I'm not even losing that much right now.

Thanks for anyone who takes the time to read that, I know it's quite long-winded! :)

One thing I would say is stop weighing yourself everyday it can be so demoralising and make sure you are drinking enough water. I have had weeks where I weighed myself everyday and appeared to not be loosing anything and then lost 3lbs at the last minute and I lost a lot in my first week partly because I have so much to loose (over half my body weight!!!). 5lb is an eighth of the weight you need to loose which is fantastic. They say you can loose a stone a month. Keep your chin up, stick with it and I am sure the weight will start to move.

try uping your water intake to 4lts per day, see if that makes any difference?

This is my forth week, I had my weigh in today and lost 6lbs, which I was amazed at because for the past 2 weeks I had only lost 5lbs collectively. So, there is hope, stick with it, just try and up your daily water intake?

Good luck

Well done for staying strong and focussed as easy to loose faith when pattern of weight loss so variable! Well come my world mine over three months in has not settled into any regular pattern . I now expect to expect the unpredictable and that way I am not disappointed but it's hard sometimes.
So keep drinking the water!

One thing I would say is stop weighing yourself everyday it can be so demoralising and make sure you are drinking enough water. I have had weeks where I weighed myself everyday and appeared to not be loosing anything and then lost 3lbs at the last minute and I lost a lot in my first week partly because I have so much to loose (over half my body weight!!!). 5lb is an eighth of the weight you need to loose which is fantastic. They say you can loose a stone a month. Keep your chin up, stick with it and I am sure the weight will start to move.

You're probably right, I really should stop weighing myself. I'll have to take the scales out of the bathroom altogether cos it's just too tempting when they're just sitting there, haha. I never thought of it that way before - that it's an eighth of the weight I need to lose, thanks for that, it makes me feel a bit better! :)

try uping your water intake to 4lts per day, see if that makes any difference?

This is my forth week, I had my weigh in today and lost 6lbs, which I was amazed at because for the past 2 weeks I had only lost 5lbs collectively. So, there is hope, stick with it, just try and up your daily water intake?

Good luck

Can the water really make a difference to the weight loss? Or is is mainly to make sure you don't get dehydrated for health reasons? I've heard 'the more you drink the more you shrink' but I wasn't sure if that was correct, haha. I'll definitely try to up my water intake anyway. I love all the things the water has done for me so far anyway, my skin is so clear! Congratulations on losing the 6lbs!! :) That is a big jump up from losing 5lbs in the two weeks beforehand. Just knowing that kind of thing can happen will help to keep my spirits up! Good luck with the rest of your weight loss :)

Well done for staying strong and focussed as easy to loose faith when pattern of weight loss so variable! Well come my world mine over three months in has not settled into any regular pattern . I now expect to expect the unpredictable and that way I am not disappointed but it's hard sometimes.
So keep drinking the water!

Thanks for your supportive words :) I have stayed strong because I'm so determined to lose weight this time and I've heard so many success stories about Lipotrim. Maybe it was those stories that are making me feel disappointed with my own weight loss. At least I know that it's probably impossible to not lose weight on less than 500 calories a day, at least not for a very long time. Does your weight loss vary by a very large amount from one week to the next? And was it from when you first started or when you had been doing it for a few weeks? I will definitely keep drinking as much water as I can :)

Hi,
I really wouldn't worry about it so soon, as there could be a number of different explanations, most of which are completely out of your control! :) Usually I'd say something like "look at the big picture" but of course you haven't had time to figure out what your big picture is! :D

I'll agree that you have to be a bit careful, weighing yourself every day. I actually DO weigh myself most days, but the first point I'll make is (as I think you've realised) that you will vary by 2 or 3 pounds during the course of the day. I weigh myself first thing in the morning, after going to the loo but before I have my first drink. Also, just in my knickers - even different pairs of PJs can weigh differently! For the same reason, I try and do my pharmacy weigh-ins at a similar time and in the same clothes...

Another thing that you will probably figure out is the effect of TOTM - almost all of us retain water around that time, which confuses the loss. I personally think that that may be one of the reasons behind the huge variety of initial weight losses that people get. If you catch it right, and you're losing not only the water from your glycogen stores, but also the water from TOTM, then you may drop a stone or more, but if you catch it wrong (which I think may have happened to me - check my progress in my signature...) you have the losses spread out over a couple or 3 weeks, before you then settle down.

I don't want to get too graphic, but another factor can be whether your bowels are regular or not. :eek: Again, you'll only figure this out for yourself over the next few weeks...

Last week I was the same weight for (I think) 4 days, but then I dropped 3 pounds the day before my weigh-in. This week I've lost nothing at all yet (5 days so far...), but I've learnt not to read too much into it.

Well done for sticking to 100% so far - it will certainly pay off. One thing you should try and remember is that now you've depleted your glycogen, every SINGLE pound you lose from here will be pure, nasty fat.

I would recommend (if you've not already done so) taking photos of yourself now (be brutally honest) and taking your measurements. Sometimes even if the scales don't budge much, you'll see a difference in your body anyway. :)

Best of luck, hang on in there,
Marianne x

Hi,
I really wouldn't worry about it so soon, as there could be a number of different explanations.....

Thanks for taking the time to reply :) I will bear all those things in mind, although none of them seem to apply to me at the moment. It's early days yet though so I'll just keep sticking it out and stop weighing myself so much - at least for a while. My next weigh in is on Wednesday so hopefully there'll be at least a few pounds by then! It's good that you're able to remain calm when your weight stays stable for 4/5 days, I'll try to take a leaf out of your book :) Thanks for all your tips! :)

...I just don't want to be spending lots of money on Lipotrim when I've done diets before (eating healthily and exercising) and lost about a pound a week....I'm not even losing that much right now.

I also meant to say - when thinking of the cost of this, bear in mind how much you would normally spend on groceries for a week - it's not likely to be more expensive than that (and especially if you ate out/got takeaways/drank alcohol!)... :)

I think it would be a bit early for plateau.... Were you eating relatively low carb before you started this diet?? That would explain why you didnt have have that initial massive loss of water as you may not have been storing much of it???

Your body will fight the losses so try not to dwell on the scales till they have moved for a few weeks... if you 100% it WILL eventually move!!!

I'd definately up the water!!! It helps your body burn the fat!!!

: ) x

I also meant to say - when thinking of the cost of this, bear in mind how much you would normally spend on groceries for a week - it's not likely to be more expensive than that (and especially if you ate out/got takeaways/drank alcohol!)... :)

Yeah, you're right, just I'd rather be spending money on a diet that seemed to be working than a diet that didn't! I'll just keep sticking at it anyway and keep hoping! :)

I think it would be a bit early for plateau.... Were you eating relatively low carb before you started this diet?? That would explain why you didnt have have that initial massive loss of water as you may not have been storing much of it???

Your body will fight the losses so try not to dwell on the scales till they have moved for a few weeks... if you 100% it WILL eventually move!!!

I'd definately up the water!!! It helps your body burn the fat!!!

: ) x

Well I wasn't avoiding carbs before starting but I didn't have a particularly bad week....maybe that would help to explain it. I'll try and up the water. Hopefully if I just stay doing exactly what I'm meant to be doing I'll eventually start losing more weight, thanks! :)

Just letting everyone know that I weighed myself today, having not done so for the past two-ish days and I appear to be about a pound below the weight I was stuck at for the past week :) Hopefully this means I'll keep on losing weight now instead of getting stuck again. Thanks for all the support!!

Just letting everyone know that I weighed myself today, having not done so for the past two-ish days and I appear to be about a pound below the weight I was stuck at for the past week :) Hopefully this means I'll keep on losing weight now instead of getting stuck again. Thanks for all the support!!
YAY!!!

Back