Weight Sabotage

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Camfirefly, 9 January 2011 Social URL.

1. Camfirefly

Camfirefly Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.6%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Help bit of advice, how do you get work friends to stop giving you treats that are not SW friendly. I've run out of excuses and I don't want to hurt their feelings. Haven't told that many of them that I'm trying to lose weight. Do I just tell them anyway and hope they stop?
    Cam x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sunnies

sunnies Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(6.03%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    How about saying 'oh thankyou! I'll save them for after my weigh in night, or I'd better find out the syns but they do look lovely?' not sure if that would suit but just an idea:)

4. Hayleyj123

Hayleyj123 Wannabe Loser

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You don't have to say you're losing weight but just say you're cutting down on treats and want to eat a little bit more healthily. Take something slimming world friendly in of your own and that way you're not missing out.

5. RegField

RegField Silver Member

You don't have to make excuses. Just smile and say no thank you.

6. custardlipstick

custardlipstick Addicted to Cheese

Start Weight:
    15st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0.5lb(13.32%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Sometimes its not easy to just say no! But its what is needed.

I have decided that out of my 70 syns a week (a minimum), to allow around 10-20 spare for little problems in school. So if they say "here have a chocolate i go ok, have one, syn it at around 3-4 normally, and then you dont get the "oooooh go on" as i can say nah ive had one, dont want another ill spoilt my dinner! kinda of thing. Know it wont work for everyone but i think its the only way im gona cope! There are always cakes and chocolates around. Thinking might take in some of my own - they hate the fact that i manage to cook and they are too lazy ;) xx

7. silly sausage

silly sausage Peas on Earth

Start Weight:
    18st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(15.89%)
    Diet:
    SW veggie
    Announce you have become a fruitarian ;)

Or just say, "No thanks". That's what I do and after a while they stop even offering.

8. Jennyonaplate

Jennyonaplate Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I keep stashes of low-syn treats available so when i'm offered something and I don't have enough syns left, I'll whip out my own treat and say 'no thanks, i've got this yoghurt/mousse/biscuit etc'.

9. gobolino

gobolino Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.68%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World :)
    If someone has brought treat things in for the whole team, I tend to make quite a fuss, such as 'Oh so-and-so they look fabulous/tasty/gorgeous, oh I'll have one of them later, thanks/thank you so much/you're so kind'..... usually they dont actually ask you if you have had one later, so they are none the wiser and you've been very greatful (without eating the syn-ful treats).

10. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Exactly what I was going to say;)

11. miss_emmajane

miss_emmajane Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I used to say I had just eaten x, y and z and might have one later as I would pop otherwise! I know how you feel, I kept it quiet for a bit but it got really difficult not explaining why I was taking my own food round to my boyfriend who lives with his parents so in the end I just mentioned it and it has been fine - if anything, better as they were and are so supportive and my biggest congrats came from them when I reached two stone :)

12. Camfirefly

Camfirefly Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.6%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thank you so much for the advice. Lots of tips to take on board. Will also look on the board for more low syn value treats to take in to work:). Just don't feel ready to tell all of them until I've lost a bit more weight:)
    Cam x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.