Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

weight, shape, dress sizes etc.

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by doingitwell, 18 October 2009 Social URL.

1. doingitwell

doingitwell Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1lb(33.46%)
    Hello everyone,

It always fascinates me how people people of similar/same weights can wear vastly different dress sizes. It's amazing.

I've been looking at everyone's before and afters and it's amazing the changes. Some people have gone down to a size 10, which is great.

I know however that I am unlikely to ever squeeze into a 10, even at my goal weight. What I found is that right now, even as heavy as I am, I am far too big for a 20 and fit quite comfortably 18s,16s, sometimes 14s.

When I was at my smallest (145-150) I was in a 14. Whereas others would probably be a 10 or something. I doubt I will ever be able to fit a 12 much less 10.

I'm sure it has to do with size of frame and fat distribution etc. but I just find it really interesting. Like no one can ever believe that I have as much to lose as I do.

What's even more bizarre is that even with all the weight I am going to lose, there will be little difference in my dress size.

Oh well, as long as I look good and am healthy. :D

What do you all think?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. contrarytintagel

contrarytintagel Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(12.05%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS+
    I'm the same!!! Even when at my heaviest people thought I was around a 14 when I was an 18 to 20! It always takes me much, much longer than others to go down a dress size, I'd say about 3 times as many pounds, particularly on my lower half... I'm two pounds off goal at the moment and wearing a 14 and people think I'm around a 10 size wise.

Having a sneaking suspiscion though that with a couple more pounds I might well be in a 12 bottom - which has never happened. All very odd!

4. Chlo

Chlo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.7%)
    Diet:
    LL / CD
    I am small so although I can be very overweight my size never went over a 20, although a friend who is a lot taller and of a similar BMI (weighed alot more) was a size 26. On the negative though it means that even if I get to a size 10 I will probrably still be overweight, as I should probrably be a size 8 (never going to happen)

I wouldn't put to much into clothes sizes, I currently have clothes that fit that range from a size 12 to a size 18... while I would say I was a size 16. Go figure!

5. boardwitless

boardwitless Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    There's a thread about the differences in sizes between shops which I know to be true as I have items in my wardrobe from 12 to 22 - currently I am mostly wearing size 14 trousers but wouldn't be depressed if they were a 16 from other shops as I'm still the same size and shape. It's a mistake to set too much store by sizes (although I may just squeeze into a 12 at goal)

6. sbridge7

sbridge7 Silver Member

Diet:
    Maintenance after CD
    I know what you mean. I'm taller than the average and I think I'll be a 12 at the early 11 stones. I'm currently a size 14 and I am in the early 12 stones; it's really puzzling. It's to do with where the weight is distributed on your body, so I'm quite fortunate as my hips aren't very big which means I don't have problems with skirts/trousers etc. For example, someone who is apple shaped and weighs the same as someone who is pear shaped, may be a different size to the pear shaped person due to the fact the weight is distributed elsewhere.

7. Glittergirl

Glittergirl Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(3.63%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    It is strange..........but life would be boring if we looked the same! :) I'm short at 5'1 i'm currently 10.10 and a size 12 top and 14/12 bottom and i've still got over a stone 2 get to the top end of my healthy BMI so will prob end up between a 10/12? Which is amazing to think since when i started this diet i was 18/16!
    But I dont feel any slimmer, my head hasn't caught up with my fast weight loss! xx

8. hannahstar

hannahstar Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I'm 17st and I've heard from a lot of people that at around this weight I should be in around size 22 but I fit comfortably into 14/16/18 - I think it all depends on the shop. But it is strange, I suppose if you carry a lot of weight on your stomach and boobs you'd be a bigger dress size and vice versa with carrying a lot of weight on your legs.

But I think everyone looks fantastic after they loose weight however little! It affects the skin, hair, radiance and personality!

9. LizzMB

LizzMB WILL be Slim!

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.57%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    i'm a size 10, and i'm 11st 10! People are horrified when i tell them how much i weigh...but i had no idea that i would ever get to this size.....i just wanted to "lose"....
    People were telling me to stop dietting at size 14 and 14 stone!!! lol
    Insane really!

I only have xs, s, 8's or 10's in my wardrobe and yet i'm still classed as "overweight"

xx

10. mrsessex

mrsessex Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Im a size 14 and weigh 12'9 im 5 foot 4 and have over 2 stone to goal... which i'll be around a size 10 by then. I think alot of it is height etc

No one ever....ever believes how much i weigh lol always estimate couple of stones lighter..i must have heavy blood :D haha

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.