Weight Vs Height

arcticmonkeys

Silver Member
Hey,

I have been trying to think up ways of motivating myself, nothing beats being able to buy clothes from Topshop for me!

Which brings me onto the question: I'm 5"6, my aim is to be a size 10/12... anyone have a rough idea how much in stones I'll need to be so that I can aim to achieve this?

I've not worked out a weight countdown yet and I'd like to in order to encourage myself :p

Thanks for your time :)

Hey,

I have been trying to think up ways of motivating myself, nothing beats being able to buy clothes from Topshop for me!

Which brings me onto the question: I'm 5"6, my aim is to be a size 10/12... anyone have a rough idea how much in stones I'll need to be so that I can aim to achieve this?

I've not worked out a weight countdown yet and I'd like to in order to encourage myself :p

????????

What do you weigh?

What are your measurements?

What do you wear at the moment?

I think the top end of your ideal weight for your BMI would place you around a size 10/12 probably, I don't know.

For me personally, when I was 9 and a half stone I was a small size 10, ten stone had me an average size 10 and at 10 and a half stone I was starting to verge between size 10 and size 12.. I'm 5' 5.5" so only half an inch shorter than you!

Everyone is different though, most people were really shocked when they realised I was 9 and a half stone as I looked so much lighter, but then I was working with horses at the time so was very very fit and had a lot of muscle, which weighed more!!

Hope this gives you some clue though! :)

Thank you both!

Yeah yeah your very close to my height, my original thoughts were to aim for 10st and by what you said I think I might just do that and go from there.

I'm 13st 12 (well when I last weighed with my CDC - according to my scales now 13st 5/6lbs now)

I carry the majority of my weight around my middle, and thats the area I want it GONE from! I'm not sure of measurements though. I kept meaning to measure but couldn't find anything to do so!

Hey,

I agree with sunflowerbride, we are all so different.

I'm 5f 2in and a half (must not 4get the half :) ) and can get into a size 10 about 10st 7lb. I think it also depends on proportions. I'm not that big on the hips of bust.

My lowest weight was 9st 4 and a half pound (size 8)and my mum was starting worry I was looking to thin. It's not a weight I aspire to, I'm happy at a size 10. I just like to be a size 8 before a holiday.

With SS and 790 you can lose inches unlike many of the other diets out there.

CDC

You're welcome articmonkeys!!

I carry it around my middle too, but this diet is wonderful for losing inches, with the stone I've lost (well, lost until last week ;) ) I had lost 3 inches from my waist.. It's fabulous!!

Im a size 10 when I weigh 9 stone, size 12 at 10 stone etc etc and Im 5 foot 7. I carry extra weight very badly :( Im planning on nagging DH to let me get a tummy tuck when I have lost all the weight I want to, my belly area is a mess after having kids.

Last edited:
I am 5' 6" too and weigh 12 stone at the moment. Currently I am a size 16 sometimes a 14, my problem is that i have a lot of loose skin so I'll be happy if i stay a size 14 personally. I dont think I'll ever make it to a size 10 even if I get down to 9 and a half stones ;)

Will kind of depend what size you are at 13.12. I think I was a small 18 at about that weight, I am 5ft6.5, but a curvy figure with big bust and wide hips (where you carry weight makes a big difference I think). I am 11.5 now and just getting into some 12's -which I always thought would be impossible! Like a previous poster, I look smaller than I weigh so will more than content as a generic 12 (I think!). Can't imagine being 10 stone, or a size 10:eek: Would love to be tho!
Maddy xxx

Im 5F 6inch and when back in the day when I weighed 10s 6lb I was a size 12 waist with 14 hips, so of course wore a 14 im an hour glass shape so all hips/bum & boobs, nice shape to be but a bugger on buying clothes as my skirts were always twisting round hehe.

Even at my weight now
(5 & 1/2s to go) im a size or two bigger on my hips than my waist (excess tummy skin yuk). Think it really does depend on your overall shape ie Hourglass, Triangle or ruler.

Have you tried the My Virtual Model Site My Virtual Model - Home you input your weight info etc and it gives you a visual indication of your size change, it's really a boost.

I'm 5ft 7ins, 11st 4lbs & in a size 12 bottom & size 14 top.... Everyone seems to be different & it depends on how well you carry weight. When i tell the girls at work i still want to lose weight they say i'm mad..... I tell them how much i weigh & they don't believe me (they think i'm about 9-9 and half stone)....I must be lucky & carry it well!

I don't think it really matters how much you weigh as long as you get to the size you wanna be...

Good Luck xxx

Back