• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

weight watchers chips?

S: 14st13lb C: 14st7lb BMI: 30 Loss: 0st6lb(2.87%)
you can part boil then but only til they just start to soften or then seem to end up a soggy mess in the oven

G: 10st7lb
If I make them, I parboil the potoates, drain them and make sure they are dry (otherwise you end up with soggy mess), spray a tray with frylight, put it in the oven for 5 mins, then put the potatoes on the tray, spray the pots with frylight and bake until they are done to your consistency (I like mine quite well done so do mine for a good 35 mins). The best frylight to use for chips in my opinion is the buttery one.

S: 14st13lb C: 14st7lb BMI: 30 Loss: 0st6lb(2.87%)
wow lydia you are a star, gonna try your method (but not today. been to chippy for lunch) mine sometimes do come out a bit soggy

lea8198

Gold Member
S: 84.82kg C: 78.02kg G: 68.04kg BMI: 29.1 Loss: 6.8kg(8.02%)
Is frylight 0 points then? I have never used it really but these chips sound YUMMY!!!! Then you just have to weigh the potatoes and point that I guess?

Thanks Gem and Lydia :)

pixiepiratess

Going From Flab to FAB!
S: 15st10lb C: 15st6lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 42.2 Loss: 0st4lb(1.82%)
Mmm i love making my own chips! and i agree about the buttery frylight ... ;) somthing else which is nice! is ... do the potatos .. slice up a pepper to to add to the bulk! .. then when almost cooked make a well and break an egg into it and put back in oven for a couple of minutes! ......... LOVELY
When i do this i have it with some WW spag and a couple rashers of bacon mmmmmm mmmmm

Frylight is zero points yes so just point the pots, or of course if you are following the old Core plan then they are free!!

omnomnom

The mother flippin'
S: 14st4lb C: 13st10lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 31 Loss: 0st8lb(4%)
My little tip is to add something like garlic salt or paprika. Yum yum. Or even just normal salt, it draws the moisture out of the skin making them go nice and crispy.

Mmmm paprika would be gorgeous

Curlz

Hiya Chucks!!
Hmm i like to use my WW spray thingy put your fave oil in it-ie garlic,chilli oil.

I spray the raw spud sprinkle with salt and turn over during cooking.
i love sweet pot chips this way too,they dont go very crispy though.
xx