Weight Watchers from home?

sarah.w

Hey everyone,

So basically i started WW in December 2010 and used to go to meetings, but now i just dont have the time to go anymore so im just doing it from home now. I must admit that im finding it more difficult without that kind of support network which is why im constantly glued to this forum (and i love it). I was just wondering if anyone else is doing WW from home and if so how are you finding it?

Last edited:
Hi sarahw I'm doing it from home since November. I am finding it good as long as I stay focused.. Had a bad christmas new year period so put back on any weight I lost but I feel really focused now! If u need any support I am here! X

Hi sarah.w. I'm doing it all online from home since new year as I work away from home during the week. It's been going well but I think it would be nice to be able to go to a class! I spend a lot of time on minimins looking for recipes and reading about other people's experiences and it definitely helps. I think ww has very good online tools and the calculator and tracker are brilliant, so it's maybe easier to do on your own than other plans. Good luck!

Hi, I'm doing it from home.....have books from last year but not going to classes now as I really don't think they will make a difference as I'm very motivated at the mo. I'm using an App called Ultimate Value Diary to track my propoints etc....it's very good too! Have been jumping from diet to diet for years but nothing was working until I came back to WW.....hopefully it stays like that :)

Good luck!

Hi :) im doing WW from home as i feel really good and in the right frame of mind .. i think the support on here is good enough to help keep me on the straight and narrow. But when and IF i get to a point i need extra face to face support i may join up

xxx

I'm sneaking in from SW ... I'm really toying with the idea of starting WW but don't really have the £ at the moment. Have you guys signed up online or are you going it alone and getting all your info from here? I haven't had a good nose around this forum yet (i feel like a naughty nosey spy lol) to see what info there is available, I was just wondering if there was enough to be able to go it alone or if signing up online for a month or 2 would be best? :)

NumNumPigsBum said:
I'm sneaking in from SW ... I'm really toying with the idea of starting WW but don't really have the £ at the moment. Have you guys signed up online or are you going it alone and getting all your info from here? I haven't had a good nose around this forum yet (i feel like a naughty nosey spy lol) to see what info there is available, I was just wondering if there was enough to be able to go it alone or if signing up online for a month or 2 would be best? :)

If you have a smartphone have a look at Ultimate Value Diary in your App store. It's £1.99 or around that and is based on propoints.....I do think, though, that u should even just join up to class to get the books. It would be fairly difficult to get a grip of the plan without some knowledge of it (in my opinion). Online is good too but think u have to sign up for 3 months and it's about £30

I love Propoints.....good luck whatever u decide to do :)

I have just started up weightwatchers again after putting on all the weight I had lost over the christmas period. I initially paid for it online but it started to get very expensive, so I bought all the books and a propoints calculator from ebay and I've been doing it at home. It definitely helps having the calculator to be able to take it to the supermarket etc and calculate things that aren't in the books :)

Hi I'm doing it from home. I find that one of the things that helps me stay on track is having someone accountable to on WI day. Maybe join one of the challenges here where you have to post your results in every week. Or maybe if there's someone at home that supports you, tell them your result. I find that really helps me as one of the big pitfalls of doing it from home is not having your leader at your scale. Good luck with it :)

Hiya, im following propoints from home and im new to WW full stop. Im finding that a combination of this site and some positive thinking/motivation is helping me achieve my loss to date (Just of 1st). Ive been on plan since 2nd January and have found it quite simple to follow (Unlike SW).

I havent signed too WW online, im just using this site and various APP's for my mobile phone..between them ive got all the support ive needed.

If you find yourself struggling then just shout!!! Were a lovely bunch here and there is always someone around to help should you need it :)

Hi im new to ww and can't really afford to do it online, haven't time to go to class either. Can anyone calculate my pp allowance.....female...5ft 3in....147lbs. I recently quit smoking and the weight has been creeping on. Thanx

I have done WW on and off over the years. I know the program really well. But I can't afford the online program and don't want to go to meetings so I'm doing it from home. I am not following PP but using my old books. I weigh every Sunday morning and then take Sunday off from tracking.

But I'm not doing so great. I hope now that I have joined this forum it will improve. My biggest battle is bread. Everything else I eat is healthy as I naturally love my fresh green salads and veg. I am happy to drink diet drinks, am not a red meat eater, don't eat ice cream, but I love chocolate (yet I'm happy with a chocolate treat once a week). But I cannot stay off the bread! And that is my biggest problem and it's stopping me lose weight :(

This isn't my first time at WW but i am doing at home alone and finding it fine, basically i am trying to recreate the conditions of 8 years ago when I did it alone and lost 6 stone - so far so good (I did initially sign up for the 3 months there was an offer but that has now run out). I rely heavily on this forum and I also have an app for my android phone that is very similar to full WW app and thats proved very helpful for me. Over the last 3 months I have also compiled in a table format all the foods and thier points that I eat regularly.

Good luck, you'll be fine, if you are in the right mindset you will succeed with or without classes - its all about positive mental attitude.

:D

I have done WW on and off over the years. I know the program really well. But I can't afford the online program and don't want to go to meetings so I'm doing it from home. I am not following PP but using my old books. I weigh every Sunday morning and then take Sunday off from tracking.

But I'm not doing so great. I hope now that I have joined this forum it will improve. My biggest battle is bread. Everything else I eat is healthy as I naturally love my fresh green salads and veg. I am happy to drink diet drinks, am not a red meat eater, don't eat ice cream, but I love chocolate (yet I'm happy with a chocolate treat once a week). But I cannot stay off the bread! And that is my biggest problem and it's stopping me lose weight :(

As long as you stay within points you should be able to have bread every day and still lose weight, what kind of bread are you having, could you perhaps make a wiser choice pointswise - i quite like 50/50 - full size slices for 2 pps (2 for 5 pps).

Hi Sarah,

I used to go to a WW meeting, I went for 8 weeks to the class and I have been doing it from home since. My friend also does it from home and we both weigh in on a Tuesday night and text each other how we have done. It keeps me motivated as does coming onto the forum.

Sx

I went along to one meeting and haven't been back. For the first 2 months I did it alone with the information I got from the meeting. Xmas and New Year threw me a bit and I decided to join WW online; by this time I had lost 2stone. I have found my family and friends have helped me keep going. Also my colleagues at work have been utterly fantastic, probably helped by the fact a few of them are also doing WW.

There is a lot of support out there, here and on the WW site; fee free to give me a shout x

Back