weight watchers info

natalie1402

Hi so hes popped the big question! !!

Planning to wed in 2016 and I will not be a 16stone bride!

Thinking of joining weight watchers but I have no clue how it works.

How many pro points are you allowed and what foods have pro points? Are pro points like syns in terms of sw and is there any free foods?

Many thanks

Natalie

Congrats exciting times ahead planning.

You are allocated an amount of daily propoints based on your stats min you can be on is 26 a day you use them up each day they recommend you dont go under your propoint amount. You are also given 49 weekly propoints to use at any stage during the week you can use them a few each day or all in one go if you want. You dont have to use the weekly propoint some people find they loose more not eating them and others loose more eating them all or just some of them it will be trial and error what works for you.

Majority of foods have propoint except most veg and fruit (some have propoints like potatos, avacados etc) you can buy a calculator or download an app that will calculate the propoints in foods for you.

Hope this helps

Congrats on your engagement!

So basically weight watchers works on the basis of points, with roughly 1 point equating to 40 calories. Depending on your age, height and weight you will get a certain amount of daily points. I started off on 34 daily points, and everyone gets an extra 49 weekly points. As you lose weight your daily points drop until you reach 26 which is the minimum.

Daily points can be used on anything. Obviously the more fat and carbohydrates in something the higher the points! An average chocolate bar is 6 points. I think 60g of wholewheat pasta (dry, uncooked) is 6 points. There are free foods- zero heroes, which you can use to pad a meal out or snack on etc. Most fruit and veg is 0pp but you have to be careful as some have points such as peas, sweetcorn, tinned tomatoes, potatoes. But things like apple, banana, strawberries, carrot, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans are 0pp.

Whilst in theory you can eat a mcdonalds everyday if you so wished as long as it was in your points it might slow down your weight loss, and wouldn't be very healthy! But with WW you can eat what you want (within reason) as long as you track it all.

The 49 weeklies are there for you to use as you want. They're great for if you want a meal out, or alcohol etc. Some people use them in one go for a big night out, others use a few a day over the course of the week. Personally I try not to use more than 20 weeklies as I feel it slows my weight loss or even causes me to gain weight, but for others they don't lose weight unless they have their 49 weeklies.

You might find that when you start weight watchers you are on what seems to be a high number of points. It's tempting to limit yourself to 26pp a day straight away in order to speed up your weight loss. It's a really bad idea. It's designed so that you start off on a higher number of points (depending on your weight and height, some do start off at 26pp if they dont have much weight to lose) and gradually drop down as you lose weight so that you don't plateau. If you start off on 26pp and after losing say a stone and you plateau, you'll have nowhere to go in order to kickstart your loss again unless you drop below 26pp which is not allowed on WW!

If you have an iphone then the weight watchers app is great for tracking your points and working out the points in the food- you can search the database or calculate the points from the nutritional info. You do need to be a member of weight watchers in order to use the app. You can download 'fake' WW apps such as the value diary, but be careful of this as some foods in the database have the wrong points so I would just stick to using the calculator.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask!

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1379002841.416750.jpg

and i use the value diary which i recommend as a free tracker but use it alongside the ww calculator to double check points

Congratulations

Also tinned tomatoes are 0pp, not points

It might have been tomatoes in a carton then, got them from sainsburys, and WW app said they had points :(

Sarah my WW app points pre packed veg as 2 points when all the veg inside it are free! I'm so confused! I keep counting it as 2 points but I'm sure I shouldn't!

I've been pro pointing tinned toms too as I'm so confused. Will ask at class on Monday

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

My WW app calculator points tinned tomatoes at 0pp for 100g but 2pp for the whole tin (400g)
So must be the quantity x

Back