Weight Watchers Online??

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Guenevere, 5 November 2008 Social URL.

1. Guenevere

Guenevere Getting married July 2011

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.79%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi everyone,

I did Lipotrim for 24 weeks and lost 6.something stone, and I feel great. I did put a few pounds on last two weeks even though I haven't being over doing it. But apparently that's normal.

I did WW for a few weeks years ago, when I was 16 or so, and my problem with it was that I got given the Chicken Curry 7 nights a week as mum isn't really a cook, and that just put me off. It seems that I have been biased, and there's plenty of room for cooking within the WW plan, and I have found the WW yoghurts and jelly great the past 2 weeks.

I think I want to do WW, to maintain for the moment but then to lose.

I'm wondering is the online programme any good or are meetings and WIs essential?? I am quite poor (student) and busy with study, so getting there and back and having to pay each week is putting me off. That said if you guys advise it, I'll find the money and get my ass to the meetings.

Are the points allowance for weight loss or for maintenance? I hear of people maintaining their weight on WW and was just wondering how that works???

love Guen

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Jennyonaplate

Jennyonaplate Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I follow the plan online at the moment, as i can't get to any classes, and it's going ok - but to be perfectly honest you have to be very strict with yourself to keep going. Some people find this very easy, but for me personally I need to see the face that's going to weigh me and even get competitive with the other members to keep me going!

there's certainly a whole lot more than chicken curry available!

4. omnomnom

omnomnom The mother flippin'

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting and Exercise
    I do neither, I do it on my own. This doesn't work for everyone but it does work for me. Only you will know if you have the motivation to go it alone :) You will need to buy the calculator and book thing off eBay though.

5. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    And I need to go to the class to keep me disciplined. We are all so different

Good luck
    Irene xx

6. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I did it on my own for ages. Im not sure how good the online thing is, to be honest youd be better buying a calculator, eating out guide and notebook and doing it yourself.

7. Karenlou

Karenlou Gold Member

I do it on my own - you do need a points calculator and the eat wisely book really though. A weigh-in buddy is a good thing to have if you're not going to class as it's easy to cheat if you're weighing in on your own x

8. blackwidow

blackwidow Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st2lb
    Current Weight:
    19st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    WW
    i do it alone - i'm a student like you and £5.50 a class is just ridiculous, student or not. I intend on joining for one class in the new year when they bring out the new plan just so i can get the books but I manage okay now. I have a pair of the older white WW scales from when i used to do WW years ago and you can pick them up pretty cheap now on ebay and they still work just fine :) i weigh in alone as well, but i keep in touch with a lot of people on here either through PM or through text / phone calls and i find having a diary here is all i need for motivation, especially as I'm determined to see a change for the better before xmas :)

9. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I love the fact so many of us text each other so regularly, its great knowing theres someone 'nearby' who'll understand what youre saying.

Anyone that doesnt have my mobile is more than welcome to PM me for it... I know how invaluable the midweek support and the wi celebrations/commiserations are :)

10. smilerjen

smilerjen Has the power of the horn

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Gosh I feel like I am in a war zone tonight with all these fireworks going off! Same goes for me tho,anyone who wants my number is more than welcome :)

11. Jennyonaplate

Jennyonaplate Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think it's funny how we're all so different, all doing the plan in different ways and using different methods, and yet WW still fits regardless. Proof if ever there was of a flexible plan.

I know that without these boards I would never have stuck at it as long as I have without going to class - so cheers guys!

12. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.