Weight Watchers sauces

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers - ProPoints Queries' started by ellaye, 11 January 2014 Social URL.

1. ellaye

ellaye Full Member

Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Are the jars of sauces nice? Are there any other nice relatively low PP (like 2-4) pasta sauce brands?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Cheekypasterfield

Cheekypasterfield Rather comfy here

Start Weight:
    11st2.4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0.4lb(0.26%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Discover/Vintage Points
    I haven't had any for years but I do recall they are okay and obviously good when you want a super quick dinner. The tesco healthy living pasta sauce is nice and I think about 2pp for half a jar.

Personally though I don't do any jar sauce. I've found the time it takes to cook your pasta is enough time I to make a 0pp Sauce.

Hubby used to love jar sauces but since going to homemade he's admitted that now a jar sauce is too salty (he made a spag Bol at work with a jar sauce)

4. Autumn500

Autumn500 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.95%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    I do this too, but then if you go back to jars it's so scary how processed they taste!

5. wychweaver

wychweaver Member

Start Weight:
    15st2.6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(7.06%)
    Diet:
    WeightWatchers ProPoints
    I use them often, especially when time is limited. I adore the rogan josh curry and the tikka masala curry (all 2 points per half a jar).. I can usually get three meals from each jar.

The pasta sauces, I really like. if you just throw in chunky veg, onions peppers etc.. Have a big salad with it instead of pasta, what a cracking low point meal!!

fresh is always best and of course healthier I think but when time is pushed, these are brilliant and Lidl tend to sell them for a £1 a jar

xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.