1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

Weight Watchers sauces

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers - ProPoints Queries' started by ellaye, 11 January 2014 Social URL.

1. ellaye

ellaye Well-Known Member

Are the jars of sauces nice? Are there any other nice relatively low PP (like 2-4) pasta sauce brands?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Cheekypasterfield

Cheekypasterfield Rather comfy here

I haven't had any for years but I do recall they are okay and obviously good when you want a super quick dinner. The tesco healthy living pasta sauce is nice and I think about 2pp for half a jar.

Personally though I don't do any jar sauce. I've found the time it takes to cook your pasta is enough time I to make a 0pp Sauce.

Hubby used to love jar sauces but since going to homemade he's admitted that now a jar sauce is too salty (he made a spag Bol at work with a jar sauce)

4. Autumn500

Autumn500 Well-Known Member

I do this too, but then if you go back to jars it's so scary how processed they taste!

5. wychweaver

wychweaver Active Member

I use them often, especially when time is limited. I adore the rogan josh curry and the tikka masala curry (all 2 points per half a jar).. I can usually get three meals from each jar.

The pasta sauces, I really like. if you just throw in chunky veg, onions peppers etc.. Have a big salad with it instead of pasta, what a cracking low point meal!!

fresh is always best and of course healthier I think but when time is pushed, these are brilliant and Lidl tend to sell them for a £1 a jar

xx