Weight Watchers (The Slim Fast Way)

Davey1984

S: 20st3lb C: 19st8lb G: 13st0lb BMI: 40.5 Loss: 0st9lb(3.18%)
Hi All,

I can not get my head around calorie counting, I have been using My Fitness Pal and it is a fantastic website but I struggle with basic food items.

So I had an idea, would it be the same effect if I follow weight watchers but replace 2 of my meals with shakes / bars and point these, have my 3 x 100 calorie snacks and point these and then obviously have my evening meal pointed also.

I have read on here that people slowly wean themselves off slim fast to follow a healthy eating plan, I was thinking if I follow this approach would it be more sucessful long term?

What do you all think? Please someone offer me some advice!

xxxx

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Loser85

Gold Member
S: 23st10lb C: 17st0lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 39.6 Loss: 6st10lb(28.31%)
The only advice i can really give is try it and see how it goes. I've never mixed the 2 so cant really help over that.

Failing that why not just use the SF plan as it is?

Keep us informed with how you get on.

Davey1984

The only advice i can really give is try it and see how it goes. I've never mixed the 2 so cant really help over that.

Failing that why not just use the SF plan as it is?

Keep us informed with how you get on.

I am fine with the meal replacements but then struggle with the calorie counting, I find it difficult counting everything and I know Weight Watchers is the same but I dont think long term I will be able to continue following Slim Fast, I dont feel it is achieveable long term.

Has anyone else lost a considerable amount with Slim Fast and maintained on it?

xxx

Loser85

Gold Member
I lost my 1st 1.5 stone with SF but used a variety of others for the rest. Have come back though as its what im comfortable with.

I suppose doing what you know is best, you'll just have to make sure you're eating all of your daily points.

Davey1984

I want to lose this weight so badly but am struggling with the freedom other plans give me, so thought I would give slim fast a go but then when I realised that I would need to count calories for everything such as diet squash or diet drinks, I kinda began to panic.
Do u think slim fast is a maintainable plan to follow?
xxxx

Loser85

Gold Member
I think it can be if your not manic over it. Atm when i use SF im not perfect with it. For instance i have 150 cal snacks as i think this will be better as i can drop down once more weight comes off. Also i dont count diet fizzy drinks or sugar free squash in my allowance.

Once i reach goal i might use the odd shake to keep me on track.